• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DL increases service in NYC.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sam balls you must ride Delta all the time because you seem to know the layout well. I still disagree people fly by price. On furlough I traveled extensively for my job and I guarantee if the flight was cheaper, but we had to ride on a DC3 out of a bat cave they would have put us on it. (that is the reality of business travel these days unless you are an exec and then you care about things like ff programs and first class upgrades)

Then the vacation traveler is even worse do you think for a second a family of four flying to MCO who can save $15 a ticket (for the mentally challenged which this board is full of that would be $60) that they care if it is an rj or mainline and what the terminal has.

If you answer yes you don't understand demand side economics.

Sam balls you must ride Delta all the time because you seem to know the layout well. I still disagree people fly by price. On furlough I traveled extensively for my job and I guarantee if the flight was cheaper, but we had to ride on a DC3 out of a bat cave they would have put us on it. (that is the reality of business travel these days unless you are an exec and then you care about things like ff programs and first class upgrades)

Then the vacation traveler is even worse do you think for a second a family of four flying to MCO who can save $15 a ticket (for the mentally challenged which this board is full of that would be $60) that they care if it is an rj or mainline and what the terminal has.

If you answer yes you don't understand demand side economics.

We'll just have to leave it at we disagree, DL does lose business travel in NY

I agree with you that DTW is nice, very nice. The problem lies in the fact that the city of Detroit offers much less(and getting worse) O&D than ORD/NYC/LAX and even MSP. When you pull traffic out of NYC(JFK) and run it through DTW you increase the CASM as most of the passengers will be just connecting through the hub vs. JFK. The key is to have your hub in a strong O&D market, hence Delta's building up of NYC(LGA&JFK).

I see what you are saying, Delta is being smart on keeping DTW going west and NYC going east - its sad that Detroit is suffering so much. There is talk going on right now about creating a air-tropolis between YIP and DTW that would create somewhere along the lines of 80,000 jobs in the area and make DTW less reliant on Cars. I really hope it goes through. Those of us that live in Michigan know that the areas around the city are some of the nicest in the country, but until the problems in the city get fixed, it will continue to spread outward.

Latest resources

Back