Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So is DAL looking at furloughs?

NOT AT THIS TIME----HOLD ON

CHANGE is on the WAY !!! REAL CHANGE !!!!

DL keeping over 12,000 pilots=do you really think so, or did you ever believe they were going to keep that level...??

Change you can believe in...Now we can just go to the next step HOPE !!!!!!!

NOT AT THIS TIME----HOLD ON

CHANGE is on the WAY !!! REAL CHANGE !!!!

DL keeping over 12,000 pilots=do you really think so, or did you ever believe they were going to keep that level...??

Change you can believe in...Now we can just go to the next step HOPE !!!!!!!

Hold on a minute Scarlet. I cut and pasted one of my responses to crj567 for you. You have no inside info, company emails, contact with either MEC's (to the extent they would fill you in with info) or anything other then pure speculation. DAL and NWA have completely different route structures, cuts won't hurt as much as you think. And yes, there is room for 12,554 mainline pilots. Can't say the same for 50 seaters...here's the paste:

ACL, I don't know why you bother responding to this guy. Looking at his post history, all he does is bash people. A majority of his posts are slams on others. HE IS TOTALLY CLASSLESS, review his history!!!

He has no clue about this industry, even though he claims to be seasoned. If he did, he'd realize several things...

DAL may or may not furlough but:

1) Still lots of retirements coming.
2) NWA still no where close to DAL staffing models.
3) voluntary leaves will be offered.
4) flowback to Compass(and a handful to Mesaba) if necessary.
5) Domestic cuts INCLUDE RJ's (his job/career movement will suffer).
6) Most reductions have already been accounted for with regards to pilot staffing.

He doesn't get that his career at ASA is directly tied to DAL. Instead of bashing pilots on both the major and regional sections, he should worry about his own backward movement.

Like I said on another thread, this guy is just envious. His foreseeable future will be at the regional level. He should be thankful that you are one of the few mainline guys who want him on one list, I sure as hell don't! I'll fight for more worthy regional guys(i.e. EVERYONE else).

And FWIW, the info ACL provides is mostly VERY accurate. I don't know who his contacts are, but he sure does obtain some good intel. The same can not be said for crj567, he's just full of hot air.

MJ42= you have NO IDEA what inside information I have !!!!!!!!!!!

Now that it is said !!!!!!!! People that know me, would tell you, I totally have inside information.
I enjoy my contacts in the top 40 of DL mgt.=nice people!

I thought I told everyone in Feb...things were going to be tough this year, hard on me too.

I told everyone DFW was closing=no one believed it ???

Last edited:
MJ42= you have NO IDEA what inside information I have !!!!!!!!!!!

Now that it is said !!!!!!!! People that know me, would tell you, I totally have inside information.
I enjoy my contacts in the top 40 of DL mgt.=nice people!

I thought I told everyone in Feb...things were going to be tough this year, hard on me too.

I told everyone DFW was closing=no one believed it ???

Ok, I'll call your bluff. PM me with the names of these management types. I'll check them out to see what they may or may not be privy to! Seems to me from a brief look at some of your other posts you think you know everything about every airline. however. I'm still checking...

Just found a good one from a thread you started 11-06-2007. Quote from scarlet:

ASA Getting 900s
Dec.1st ASA will start flying I would guess 15-20 CRJ-900...

Where were your management friends on this one? Think they would have given you some credible info...:rolleyes:

Last edited:
yeah I am going to tell you who I know at DL.

My sources ARE Awesome !!

I really don't care about any airlines anymore !!!
They all SUCK, and pay so little for what you work for. Figure up what they pay you for 80 hours a week you are away from home.? For a professional it really sucks.

yeah I am going to tell you who I know at DL.

My sources ARE Awesome !!

I really don't care about any airlines anymore !!!
They all SUCK, and pay so little for what you work for. Figure up what they pay you for 80 hours a week you are away from home.? For a professional it really sucks.

After being rejected by CAL, I see why you are bitter. Any word on that NJ app yet?

Another scarlet quote:

Airtran has the lowest ASM than any airline out there, that is why DL hates competeing with them !!!

Dl should have started when AAI had 40 airplanes not 150....

AAI has hundred or two running the airline=DL has 1,000s??? How many VPs and Directors does DL have?

Wouldn't your contacts at DAL be able to answer your question? An AAI guy trying to stir the pot, eh? You must be close to the bottom, your post indicate concern. I called your bluff!!!

Last edited:
You must be a DL pilot, that came from DL regional:

You must attended that class where they tell you that you are the smartest and best pilot? And go tell the world ? Amazing how all the other pilots get from point A to point B, and SAFE too, and can land without wind checks? Buzz "gust to 5 knots, state intentions Delta"

Latest resources

Back