• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DL bankruptcy still likely

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oil analysts are predicting oil to stay above $45 for the forseeable future and some analysts believe it will stay around an average of 50-55 for the next few years. This is due to projections of oil demand in China more than doubling over the next 3-5 years. If the demand in China follows expectations and supply disruptions continue, I think oil has a real possibility of going even higher. One doomsday oil analyst predicts record high inflation-adjusted prices of around $81bbl by 2007. The fact is this, airlines that build a business plan around $35bbl oil are like me counting on making $300,000 per year flying airplanes. It just isn't going to happen. If Delta's business plan is built around $35bbl oil, Grinstein will be coming back to labor groups for more money every year until they work for free, or Delta wakes up and realizes high oil is here to stay.

There is an easy response to higher oil prices for all these airlines ------Raise the price of the d@mn tickets to reflect the price of the fuel!!!! If SWA has a hedge and doesnt need to raise prices, so be it. They have cheap fares already, and not everyone can possibly fly SWA! The rest need to raise the ticket prices to stem these huge losses. Trucking companies charge more now, as do all energy companies. Higher prices are passed on to the consumer. This is insanity to sit back and bleed money. Charge more and find other creative ways to attract customers.......JMHO

Truckdriver,

I have seen analysts say the opposite. I guess it all depends on the analyst. Remember, Lowecur is an analyst also.....what does that tell you? It is "likely" that he and they are wrong....

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back