• Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FL420

Blues vs. Birds-Tailhook
http://austin.craigslist.org/trd/149692222.html

Aircraft Pilots

Reply to: [email protected]
Date: 2006-04-09, 4:27PM CDT

Wanted: Pilots to fly SKYDIVERS on weekends in Smithvile,TX. Must be current and dependable. We have 2 Cessna 182s and can keep you busy. Lots of free hours in a high performance aircraft. If you are free on weekends and are interested, contact Chuck at 979-702-0168

Job location is Smithville, Texas

Compensation: Commercial rated pilots paid per load.

"lots of free hours" so I guess your not getting paid?

It said you get paid by the load.

I've seen anywhere from $2-6 a load. Dosen't sound like much (and it isn't), but in a 182, you can probably end up doing 5-8 loads an hour, depending on the drop height.

5-8 loads an hour?????? Thants a fast 182. When I did it it would take 30 min to 11K and back. Even a hop and pop to 3k and back takes 15min.

gringo said:
It said you get paid by the load.

I've seen anywhere from $2-6 a load. Dosen't sound like much (and it isn't), but in a 182, you can probably end up doing 5-8 loads an hour, depending on the drop height.
5-8 loads per hour???? How on earth would that be possible. I would think that the most would be 3.

your lucky to get 2 an hour. But in all actuality not many pilots dive drive for a living. I hold a full time job and fly jumpers on the side. It is a great way to build hours fast by actually fying the plane. It does lack the x-country time though (downside)

GoingHot said:
:laugh: In your dreams. You'll get two at best.

Yeah, and if you're doin two loads an hour, you're either doing hop 'n pops or crack'n heads on the high-dive. 5 loads an hour in a 182 would require a tear in the space-time continuum.

Still, there's no funner way to build day-VFR flight time!

You're probably right- it's been a few years since I did it in a 182. The jumps from 11000 took a while, but a lot of my loads were at low altitude- very quick pop 'n' drops.

There IS a guy who takes 14 up to 14000 in 7 minutes, and always beats the last guy down, but he does it in a King Air... Mike Mullins, I think his name is...

gringo said:
You're probably right- it's been a few years since I did it in a 182. The jumps from 11000 took a while, but a lot of my loads were at low altitude- very quick pop 'n' drops.

There IS a guy who takes 14 up to 14000 in 7 minutes, and always beats the last guy down, but he does it in a King Air... Mike Mullins, I think his name is...

Yeah, he's famous in a way. Somebody told me he flies for Fedex too.

Latest resources

Back