Dispatching overseas?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bgaviator

Anyone know anything about being a dispatcher overseas for say, Etihad, or Emerites Air? I think it would be interesting to live in the UAE, and I can only imagine the pay and benefits would be top notch, not to mention that the women would probably be incredible! Anyone have any information or insight to this? Thanks.

MOst of the time if an american applies to these middle east jobs, you can not bring your family...especially women...they still have very strick rules about women there and don't allow many in career positions.. Many companies have semi-compounds for their american or others outside of natural citizens...

Also on the job they do not have the same dispatching duties as we do here, however you are correct in the pay being outstanding and tax free to boot..good luck, but its not for families....JMHO

MOst of the time if an american applies to these middle east jobs, you can not bring your family...especially women...they still have very strick rules about women there and don't allow many in career positions.. Many companies have semi-compounds for their american or others outside of natural citizens...

Also on the job they do not have the same dispatching duties as we do here, however you are correct in the pay being outstanding and tax free to boot..good luck, but its not for families....JMHO

SOUNDS TERRIFIC!(Sarcasm of course) Just dont know if I would ever want to live there in the UAE. Its a country chock full of the haves and the have nots. Not much middle ground.

...not to mention that the women would probably be incredible!
So...uh...what happened to that girlfriend/wife/fiancee you were so hardcore about finding a job wherever you went? ;)

Anyone know what the actual job title for "dispatcher" is over there? And how the responsibilities differ?

I'm young, single, and would actually be quite interested in living overseas...

I have a couple of former coworkers that are working in Saudi. Send me a PM if you want an e-mail contact.

Latest resources

Back