Dispatcher school ??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bobs98tlr

Im just currious but where are there dispatcher schools at? I knew of one in the DFW area i think?? It was pretty cheap and you could go though the program pretty fast? IIRC there was a link on the front page where i read something about this, anyone know what im talking about? I cant find the link anymore thats why i ask.

Thank you. My dumba$$ didnt use the search function first. When i did i had more info then i needed from that one site. Thanks

Dispatch Schools 101......

As a dispatcher myself, I too went throught the same questions when I first started to inquire about a dispatch school.
Here is what I learned and was told when I started, and it still holds true 6 years later.

There are many schools all over the country, they all have the same FAA mandated teaching requirements on content.

You can join the Yahoo club for dispatchers, which probably represents all of the airlines in this US and ask or search for many of these answers there: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/airlinedispatchercentral/

Most school push there ability to get you hired with XYZ airlines afterward, this in many cases is alot of crap. DOnt get caught up in the advertising hopla. Most of the schools, Large or small have good instructors, and most of the school teach right out of the books you can buy over the counter, (ATP Test Prep).

In the real world, the company that Hires you usully never asks where you got you license and they dont care! Once you have your ticket, you are now among many that have the "BAsic" airmenship knowledge to do the functions of the dispatchers job, However keep in mind no matter who you work for, or how many companies you work for, each airline MUST put you through there own FAA required indoc and training on there aircraft types, procedures and flight planning systems. This will happen everytime you go to another company.

All they care about it that you have a license, they will examine you at the interview(s) test you, see if your a good fit, test your mind and see how you answer stupid questions and check you diagnostic common sense...all this will happen before you ar offered a job, and will continue through your probation period which usually last 3 to 6 months....

Here is another web site for dispatch pay, which is kept pretty accurate by a working dispatcher. http://64.255.97.93/

If ya have any other questions feel free to PM me or email [email protected]. I will be glad to help you as many helped me in the past! I have loads of other web sites we use. Good luck in your search for information.

Oh yea, make each school you call provide you there drop out rate...NOT Failure rate, you want to know how many student dropped out in the process of the program....I am told it is high with the FLL school due to their high work load over a 6 week course, many schools offer longer courses...remember rule number 1 airline really dont care where you got your license from as long as you have the license.....( for the others, this was not meant as a slam or flambait) just pointing out some of the real world truth about getting a dispatch license. It is much different than flight school training...

Last edited:
It really dosen't matter where you go, cause in the end, EVERYONE has the same license. There is a real good school in TUS, even though I didn't go there.

my point is..

take a look at all of em and pick the cheapest, or the one closest to where you live. When you get hired by an airline, EVERYONE in your class starts at the same level.

GOOD LUCK!!

Latest resources

Back