• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.
  • Logbook Pro for Apple iOS version 8.1 is now available on the App Store. Major update including signature endorsements and dark/light theme support. Click here to install now.

Dispatch office dress code

Total Time
A lot.
What is your office dress code where you work?

Ours is shirt and tie or company polo shirt and khakis.

comair1048

A Dispatcher
Total Time
2 yrs
Ours is M-TH Buss. Casual-----------------F-SU whatever you want to wear

homerjdispatch

Gods gift to dispatch
Total Time
a lot
propsarebest said:
ours is pretty simple...

no tanktops!
thats about it
:beer:

Now, Now you know its not THAT simple. Try collared shirts, no t-shirts. Pants or Shorts are OK. Shorts are "required" in the summer when its 120 outside. LOL

DX Rick

Total Time
We just had to make sure we were wearing underwear.

Total Time
A lot.
I wore a pair of jeans a couple of Friday's ago and I just don't think I did as well as I normally do when I wear a pair of khakis.

Please note the sarcasm.

Dress codes are for corporate uppity mofos not the bottomfeeders. I sit in a dark room all day long and no one sees me. Companies need to relax this dress code crap they impose on employees. Most companies these days keep cutting employee benefits and take, take, take and they're lucky we keep showing up for work.

DX Rick

Total Time
SKC said:
Hey Rick, where are you now?

I'm a counselor now. Left aviation for the mean time. I'll make a return soon, but coming back as a pilot only.

SKC

Total Time
I was going to say that we'll find out in a few weeks if our company will relocate to RFD. If that happens, we'll more than likely have openings in dx. For now we're hoping everything stays here.

clr4theapch

Total Time
tons
We can wear collared shirts and dress pants, some where shirts and ties, old school...and it s cool...we have the option to dress down on Fridays and we have alot of jerseys here as well....GO Astros!!!!

flyjumpseat

desk driver
Total Time
10+
propsarebest said:
ours is pretty simple...

no tanktops!
thats about it
:beer:

Unless you're the 'Admin', then tanktops (or anything else) are approved. (Not saying she should, just saying she's allowed)

dispatchguy

Dad is my favorite title
Total Time
NIL
Pretty much what ever is appropriate for first class pass travel, however, on weekends, I've been known to wear birkenstocks and shorts

Ties? I only wear ties on an interview; and if I have to wear a tie, my paycheck had better be commensurate.

Der Kommissar

Protruding Member
Total Time
At Hawaiian Air it was jeans / slacks and a decent shirt. Weekends saw t-shirts, but during the week it was pretty much a collared affair.

At Island Air it was slacks and and aloha shirt / collared polo type thing.

fltdspx

Total Time
N/A
Here at ASA it's business casual Monday -Thursday and jeans Friday - Sunday…I would like to see jeans Monday - Sunday. Especially after we go to the new G.O. ( old eastern hanger ) I mean who the hell will be coming in dispatch...

onewithwings

Total Time
14 yrs
You can wear anything except your birthday suit! ;)

otisA300f

Total Time
Enough
Pretty much anything goes at K4. Mostly jeans and t-shirts. SCT polos. I showed up in slacks and dress shirt once and everyone asked if I had an interview on the way to work....:laugh: I was just jumpseating to work.!

bgaviator

Total Time
~ 400
As long as it's not shorts and flip flops, anything pretty much goes...I wear baseball caps on occasion and no one ever says anything....most relaxed dress code I've ever had.