• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Discount carrier says it could shut South Florida operations if union strikes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Now wouldn't that be sweet, we would stay on strike until we had an industry LEADING contract, but I will vote no to any contract that is not industry leading at this point, they pissed me off too much now.

I might re-think that if I were you. Good contract=yes; Industry leading=?. Good luck!

Caution:

US Airways East pilots may take your seats. They've already proven that they'll do anything to get a Captain seat. (I can see them salivating now).

They don't honor agreements and look for ways to exploit fellow pilots. Don't believe me? Call USAPA and ask them !!!

In the meantime; Stay strong SPIRIT Pilots. Stay UNIFIED.

Caution:

US Airways East pilots may take your seats. They've already proven that they'll do anything to get a Captain seat. (I can see them salivating now).

They don't honor agreements and look for ways to exploit fellow pilots. Don't believe me? Call USAPA and ask them !!!

In the meantime; Stay strong SPIRIT Pilots. Stay UNIFIED.

Looks to me that even now, Spirit captains make more than the US Air Ultra-Low-Low-Pay (ULLP) captains do.

Then ALPA should make it so that pilots (union pilots) hire pilots.....make it part of the contract!

Noone should have to fall on their sword for others when history proves the others will turn their back on them when they need a job after the strike!

A350
Yet that is the free market. In America, undercutting (dare I say scabbing) and outsourcing are what we do best.... got to get those low prices you know....

Looks to me that even now, Spirit captains make more than the US Air Ultra-Low-Low-Pay (ULLP) captains do.

Haven't looked at ULLP pay lately. It doesn't matter because an Airways Capt has higher career expectations than a Spirit Capt. Spirit has only A320 series birds-no widebodies, no trans atlantic routes, a small domestic route structure, or any of the perks a pilot gets from flying for a major.

Haven't looked at ULLP pay lately. It doesn't matter because an Airways Capt has higher career expectations than a Spirit Capt. Spirit has only A320 series birds-no widebodies, no trans atlantic routes, a small domestic route structure, or any of the perks a pilot gets from flying for a major.

YHGTBSM!! Higher career expectations??? HAHAHAHAH!!! You from amateur hour?

What perks are you referring to?

ULLP flies widebodies for RJ pay. USAIR with Parker at the helm IS A BAD JOKE, nothing more.

As for Baldanza, he is a POS too!

Hang in there Spirit folks. Don't bend over to that scumbag!

Last edited:
Just a thought...in this crippled economy, why don't the Spirit guys enjoy the fact that they are employed? They can go for a raise when the economy gets stronger.

Latest resources

Back