Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jobear

Titanium Necked Bandit
My company booked me on an airline flight to meet my a/c. Of course they went with the cheapest fare they could. Needless to say I walk onto a Mesa crj900 in DTW and it was without a doubt the filthiest airplane I have ever gotten on scuzy carpet and what looked to be 30 years worth of soda spills on tourture devices they are calling seats. Does airways know the product that there vendors are providing? Look I'm no prude but atleast wipe it up or clean the dang thing once in awhile.

On the other hand on the connecting flight it was AWAC crj200 less cramped better service and low and behold a clean interior. To the AWAC crew nice job on taking pride in your presentation of a clean aircraft and excellant service.

I guess Airways got what it paid for and so did I....

Jobear

Rest assured that the AWAC bird will be just as dirty after a couple of more years in the Airways system :)

Seriously thanks for your comment. Our a/c cleaning has gotten worse lately and our FAs are working harder to keep them clean. Nice to know someone is noticing.

PS as pilots we try to help clean whenever we get a chance, but the FAs deserve the credit

PunchTheClown said:
US Airways? I'm not suprised, US is leading the way for the new wave of scumbag airlines.

Naw, NWA has the title of scumbag. US is just dirtbag.

Mainline USAIR is not much better!:puke:

You check out the 170s from RP hell they are just over a year old and they are a mess!! it wouldnt be cause of the low fare people we carry every day for these airlines that think they can destroy the plane on the way out !!! Puke on the seat GUM just to mention a few !!! its not the airlines that are scumbags most times its the people we carry !!!

Oh I'm not saying the walking freight are innocent but the 900 had fabric seats that looked like they were 30 years old, dust covered walls where the cabin air comes in under the worlds smallest overhead bins. Plus the most cramped 2x2 seating, I paid to sit on a 1/4 of the seat assigned because the fat vuck next to me thought he could squeeze his size 48 a$$ into a size 36 seat. Hey tubby buy another seat!!

Hate to break it to ya, hoss but the 200 and 900 have the exact same seat width and pitch. Also, the 900 has slightly larger overhead bins.

Jetscream32 said:
Hate to break it to ya, hoss but the 200 and 900 have the exact same seat width and pitch. Also, the 900 has slightly larger overhead bins.

Could have fooled me. The CRJ2 seats are bad, but I can deal with them. Those 900 seats hurt my back on a flight from CLT-ILM. 40mins tops.
Everyone I have run into complains about those CRJ9 seats.
Mesa CRJ9's are very nasty. The seats look like some baked Coke and Peanuts on them for the last 10 years. Needs a good shampoo.

Latest resources

Back