Directional Aviation Realigns Flexjet, Flight Options

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is it Time to get Organized

Flex isn't union, you can bet you are now seen as the saviors for the former NJI anti union Gulfstream lovers. My guess is Ricci's inbox is filled with resumes of those guys wanting to be the international training captains. We'll see soon if this prophesy comes to fruition.

So, will this, and many other factors, cause the Flexjet pilot group to reconsider unionizing?

It's going to get very tricky. There is a longer list of reasons to organize then ever before.

From the Flight Options Pilots Scope:

Section 1.5

Until the fences are removed, all aircraft (including orders and options to purchase aircraft) and the operations of each pre-transaction carrier shall remain separated.

So, will this, and many other factors, cause the Flexjet pilot group to reconsider unionizing?

It's going to get very tricky. There is a longer list of reasons to organize then ever before.

The playbook says, no. It says they'll see twinkles in their eyes of big shiny jets, and will not organize. Then slowly they'll realize their hopes of being in those G momsters will be tempered as they fill the right seats.

And now FLEX has purchased new shiny planes that options pilots will never see.

Just like NJI, they'll be scrambling to find experienced g boys and girls.

The playbook says, no. It says they'll see twinkles in their eyes of big shiny jets, and will not organize. Then slowly they'll realize their hopes of being in those G momsters will be tempered as they fill the right seats.

So the options boys will be locked out, and the flex boys will see hiring of experienced international G capts.

Fun and games, history repeating itself.

Exactly what KR wants. You guys are acting like we are a bunch of time builders. Who cares what we are flying??? Show me the money

Flex isn't union, you can bet you are now seen as the saviors for the former NJI anti union Gulfstream lovers. My guess is Ricci's inbox is filled with resumes of those guys wanting to be the international training captains. We'll see soon if this prophesy comes to fruition.

Ummmm unless I'm reading your message wrong, I'm pretty sure there are lots of pilots at Flexjet with extensive intl flight experience... pretty sure the 604s and 300's do lots of intl training.. so why would they need NJI people to come in and be intl training capts? Maybe I'm missing something...

Ummmm unless I'm reading your message wrong, I'm pretty sure there are lots of pilots at Flexjet with extensive intl flight experience... pretty sure the 604s and 300's do lots of intl training.. so why would they need NJI people to come in and be intl training capts? Maybe I'm missing something...

No, you're not. He is.

There won't be any former NJI guys running over to Flex. Partly because Flex won't come looking and partly because nobody is going to trade one fractional for another. A decent corporate gig maybe. Another fractional? Not a chance.

Flexjet pilots under your few page work agreement, still believe that they can't / haven't / will not change anything?

1) Confirmed, Deanna White is gone replaced with Mike Silvestro as the CEO.
a. All of the management that you have known and trusted are out. Did they not try to sale the fact that your management would remain intact to make you feel safe? Sorry for the inconvenience but we changed our mind about that.

2) Already junior Flight Options pilots are operating your biggest aircraft ahead of you with seniority protected above and beyond yours.

3) Your do not disturb or call agreement GONE.

4) Junior Flight Options pilots headed your way with the promise of Ken Ricci that they will be in the Lear for just six months and will be transitioned into the G as PIC ahead of all FlexPilots. Dedicated Flight Option crews with seniority protected above and beyond yours.

5) EMB-300 now to be marketed with the Flex store front painted in the new OneSky colors operated solely with Flight Options crews and aircraft will remain on Options certificate.

6) The entire company headquarters will be located in the Flight Options facility in Cleveland this is a fact just you wait and see. The only facility that will remain in TX will be possibly a MX base. Im sorry didn't they also lead you to believe that things would remain in TX? Sorry about your luck.

I can keep going but this is plenty for now and for all you non believers please don't take my word for it call Mike Silvestro and ask him, after all he is your new CEO.

Wake Up Flexjet Pilots.

You wander why I left? it was a question of ethics

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back