• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Direct quote from Delta MEC to CEO on Stand

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'll believe it when I see it. There's always lots of posturing and pissing, but when crunch time comes around the "CHAOS" never appears. Multiple unions and multiple company's have threatened to walk off if they can't come to an agreement. The problem is that the unions end up caving before they reach that point and contracts don't get thrown out.

I say that if anybody is going to end up walking off the job, it will be the MESABA guys. Not the Delta pilots- despite what any DAL pilot might have to say, it's tough out there without a paycheck. You might not make that cush 200K paycheck anymore, but what you make now isn't chump change. You can argue all you want about folks "finding other careers"... but each of those that have jumped ship has generally taken that time to research that jump and prepare themselves to do so (education, savings, etc). Many folks that remain aren't ready, and know that if a strike should happen, they'll be sitting on the breadlines while they sort things out. (or worse... sitting in interviews for a $35/hr FO position)

Green said:
joking right??? I'm sure Ornstein would love to put a fleet of 737's at Freedumb air. Although they would probably offer furloughed Dal pilots fo slots at $25/hr with a guarantee of 10 days off per month. Then the MEC could claim they did a good job securing jobs for their DAL brothers and sisters....!

Good one man! I say it again, this profession has been over run by whores! Whores I tell you!

God Bless DALPA!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back