Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

OrcasC180

Should be OrcasC205 now..
Where's the best place to grab dinner on a 2 1/2 hour layover I have at LAX tomorrow night between an Alaska Airlines flight and the American red-eye to Newark. I will eat anything as long as it won't make me punch grumpies in the Lav coast-to-coast in the middle of the night.

In N Out!!

Just North of the field on PCH?Sepulveda. Watch the big ones land!

El Segundo and Manhatten have a million places to eat.

Endeavor in the famous Star Wars looking building that used to be the terminal. Good food and great view over the airport.

Mainah, do you mean Encounter at LAX? The food there is not really worth the walk.

OrcasC180, you'll likely be transferring between terminal 3 (Alaska) and terminal 4 (American) for your flight. So most of your time is going to be used up going between terminals. Might as well live with the Chili's in terminal 4. Going outside of security for In-N-Out, Encounters or Proud Bird, or anything in terminal 1, might make you late for your American flight.

Good luck.

English said:
Mainah, do you mean Encounter at LAX? The food there is not really worth the walk.

Good luck.

Yeah, Encounter, sorry. I kinda liked the food myself.

BRADLEY BUILDING, intl Terminal GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD FOOD YES!

They have all sorts of stuff, and it's all good. That glass you see from the taxiway side in the middle of it, thats the eating area!

mainah said:
Endeavor in the famous Star Wars looking building that used to be the terminal. Good food and great view over the airport.
Huh? The LAX "Theme Building" was part of an "Los Angeles Jet Age Terminal Construction" project, which began in 1960. The building itself was completed in August 1961 at a cost of $2.2 million. It was a coffee shop for years and then the Encounter Restaurant opened in January 1997.

mainah said:
Yeah, Encounter, sorry. I kinda liked the food myself.

Sorry, no mean to offend.

I just think the guy won't really have the time to go outside security, walk there from terminal 3, then walk to terminal four and go through security all over again during a 2.5 hour layover.

English said:
Sorry, no mean to offend.

I just think the guy won't really have the time to go outside security, walk there from terminal 3, then walk to terminal four and go through security all over again during a 2.5 hour layover.

None taken. And I missed the part about the short layover until after I posted. My fault.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back