Dihedral on Falcons

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

asolo

If dihedral is designed on an a/c for stablility. Why do Falcon jets have so much anhedral? Is it too stable? Both Wings and tail. Please explain otherwise I'm goin to Dassult! :) Thanks

If you're going to d'assault, don't do it while wearing a bunny suit.

Police: Mall Easter Bunny Removes Head, Punches Woman

POSTED: 8:29 am CDT April 18, 2006

FORT MYERS, Fla. -- Authorities said a man playing the Easter Bunny at a Florida mall is accused of removing the head of the costume and hitting a customer.

Police reports said 22-year-old Arthur McClure punched Erin Johansson when she got upset that the photo exhibit was closing 10 minutes early Saturday night. The alleged incident was witnessed by dozens of people, including 15 children, at Edison Mall.

McClure said he never punched Johansson and that he was only trying to stop a fight between his wife, exhibit manager Crystal Frechette, and Johansson.

Frechette acknowledged punching Johansson and said the woman poked her as she closed the set. Mall management issued an apology.

McClure and Frechette have been fired.

Both are charged with battery and disturbing the peace. They were released from Lee County jail Sunday and plan to get an attorney for their May 2 court hearing.

Thanks for the link. It only explains anhedral on high-wing a/c to increase roll manuevering not low wing. So does that still mean that falcons are too stable?

The link goes on to say that wing sweep also can lead to excessive stability and compensating anhedral.

Okay, if wing sweep can lead to excessive stablilty and anhedral is the fix for this. How does that compare a highly sweep wing of a Citation X which has dihedral. I understand there are many diffferent aerodynamic forces in both of these planes which the average person will not know, but I guess I'm just looking for a general answer for those wacky falcons! Thanks again

Latest resources

Back