• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

uwochris

Flightinfo's sexiest user
Hey guys,

I'm shopping around for digital cameras.

I have pretty much decided on the Sony DSCP72 3.2 Mega Pixels camera.

Anyone own this camera, or any other Sony Digi Cam? Do you like the product? Good quality?

TIA.

I have a Nikon Coolpix 2500 (the one with the reversable lens) and my mom has the 3.2megapixel Sony camera that you're interested in. I got my camera back in February and she just got hers about a month ago. I can actually get some pretty decent shots out of my camera, but hers is much more capable. The only thing that I didn't like was the included software for looking at your pictures. I prefer just using the "My Pictures" folder in Windows XP. Oh well. Still a great camera, though.

P.S. My Nikon gets HORRIBLE red eye in the pictures. The Sony camera doesn't seem to have this problem. (yes, i have the red-eye reduction turned on.)

Last edited:
Anyone own this camera, or any other Sony Digi Cam? Do you like the product? Good quality?

I have had the Sony DSC-P51 digital camera for a little over a year now and have been pleased with it. The best feature that sony has it that you can use the memory stick in your laptop or home pc and the software is great that supports it. I have the Sony Vaio laptop as well and use the programs to manipulate/modify/change the pictures to send via email. The MPEG Movie HQX is also a nice feature as well as the other programs that are included.

Take your pick though, the other cameras are just as good.

3 5 0

Yuo can get a Kodak DX4300 for as low as $150 (it lists at $200), check sites like e-pinions.com for low pricing. Anyways, i can't say how this stacks up against others quality-wise, but man, it is soooo easy to use, it's a no-brainer, compared to others I've tried. I have a DX 3900 (older version) for 2 years now and no plans to trade up, it's a blast to use!

I've also tried the Canon A80, if you're willing to dish up around $330, it's also a great value, good quality. And 3 min of video, with sound!

Happy 2004...bottoms up!

Probably the best site for camera reviews is this one You can also give this one a shot, its not as good, but still decent

As someone already mentioned epinions is a great site... not only for cameras though. I use it quite frequently, you get a pretty good idea from consumers; however, sometimes it takes a little while to build a database on newer products.

When it comes time to buy one, take a look here ... you'll have to click on "electronics" on the top right part of the screen to bring u to the proper search function. Great for PC components too.

Good luck.

I have the P72 and I'm very satisfied with it. I'm considering getting a tele-converter lens for it but I'm not sure I want to spend the $130. But, it's 1.7x and that would be on top of the 3.0x optical zoom, for a total of 5 something zoom.

If you buy the Sony, purchase one of those somewhat expensive add-on warranty plans. I have used a Sony PSC-51 for about a year now and am very happy with it...when it works. Amazingly enough, at the 11 month point it stopped "seeing," e.g. it wouldn't take new pics or display the scene on the lens. I can sometimes make it work now by a well placed tap on the lower left side.

Under warranty? Yup. What's the catch? They pay for parts, YOU pay for labor, at a minimum of $175 per case. After reviewing that cost, I figured I could just purchase a new one for just a few bucks more. So much for the disposable American culture...

Anyway, I like it. Sometimes!

In general, though, digital cams rock. I've managed to take quite a few great shots from the cockpit.

Good luck.

I have a Sony Mavica CD-400 4 megapixel camera. I burns the images directly onto mini-cd's. It TOTALLY KICKS @SS! ten cent cd's, no downloading to make room on a memory stick, no soft-copy only photos...I always have a hard copy on disc! One ten cent cd holds 180 photos at max 1600X1200.

Chunk

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back