Digital Cams

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks for the responses.

I ended up getting the Sony DCSP72... ordered it off the Sony Store's website for $399 (keep in mind this is Canadian $$$), and it came with a Sony carrying case for the camera...

I was going to order it from Future Shop for $349, but then I saw how much the **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** carrying case was... $80!! I figured I'd need a carrying case anyway so I went with the Sony Store.

DOH!

Gulfstream 200 said:
do all your research, then actually buy from a place like www.bhphotovideo.com and save 10-20% off moron places like Circuit City...

I wish I would have discovered this site earlier, as I found my new Olympus for 3.2 mega pix. for $30 less than the moronic price I paid at Best Buy. Or, for what I paid, I could have gotten the 4 mega pix one...

maybe I can still return mine...

Did my research and just bought an Olympus C-740. I am waiting for the delivery of the camera and was wondering if anyone has this camera and any comments.

Chunk said:
I have a Sony Mavica CD-400 4 megapixel camera. I burns the images directly onto mini-cd's. It TOTALLY KICKS @SS! ten cent cd's, no downloading to make room on a memory stick, no soft-copy only photos...I always have a hard copy on disc! One ten cent cd holds 180 photos at max 1600X1200.

Chunk

Probably too late for the original poster but I can 2nd the Mavica!!! I got the MVC CD-500 which is the follower of the CD-400. This one has 5 megapixels, which is overkill for dudes like myself. But if you decide to shoot 5 mpix size and buy a 10 pack of those RW mini disks you'll never run out of storage before going home to copy the mini CDs onto your hard drive. Your regular CD drive should be able to read mini CDs too. BTW with this baby you can also record 640x480 mpegs up to 5:52 min long with sound on a single disk.

Here is a link to the camera:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=282196&is=REG

We were also debating to buy a SONY camera in the $300ish range but I could not justify $300 for a camera for which I would need to carry a laptop or buy a stick or two for $100 each. So we’ve swallowed it and ended up paying $520 inclusive shipping for the Mavica.

It is funny how you don’t care anymore about good pictures since running out of storage is not an issue. Click click click everything… pop in a new CD and go on… and this is the way I like it. Then when you are done just re-format the RW mini CDs with the camera and start all over again. Then get old by the time you sort out the picture flood.

I haven't used the CD-RW's. The CD-R's are so cheap, I just store those for a permanent hardcopy.

Here's a 50-spindle of CD-R's for under $20!

Chunk

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back