Diffrence between Part 91 and 91K

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

taltezy

I found out NetJets operates under Part 135, 91 and 91K. I know what Part 135 and Part 91 is, but I really dont have a clue on Part 91K. Can any one out there explaine to me what it is?
THANKS!

Subpart K of part 91 is rules for fractional aircraft operations. When the share owner is assuming operational control of a flight using a program aircraft that flight is operated under 91K.

91K sets forth rules and restrictions for aircraft and crew that are similar to part 135.

Yep, what Deftone said. More restrictive in many ways than straight 91, including rest rules and such that are very close to Part 135.

If you'd like to read up on it, go to The FAA's web site, click on "Current FAR / By Subpart" on the left, click "Part 91," and then "Subpart K."

To answer your question- 91K is sort of a 91/135 hybrid insofar as some of the rules are similar or the same as 135 (which is to say, more restrictive than straight 91), while others are the same as 91. For example, for flight planning and release purposes, you must normally be able to land within 60% of the available runway under 91K as opposed to within 100% under straight 91. On the other hand, there are many 135 rules that 91K ops can ignore.

Latest resources

Back