Different Logbook Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

zymotic

So I'm catching up on my logbook for SWA and I haven't entered anything from my small logbook to the big since the end of July. I'm trying to speed up the process and I'm looking at all these columns and I'm wondering if anyone at SWA cares about them. These would be night, actual instrument, simulated instrument, simulator, cross country, approaches, landings, etc.

I'm wondering what other regional pilots log. Seems to me if I was running the interview process somewhere I would know if a guy was flying an RJ around I wouldn't care if it was day, night, rain or shine.

I haven't started on the SW app yet so I don't know how it breaks down the flight time. I'm assuming it is along the lines of PIC, SIC, turbine, multi, aircraft type, etc. and there is no mention of many of the columns in my logbook.

What do you think of making a notation on a page that I will no longer make entries in certain columns due to their irrelavance?

Much simpler than that for the APP

Southwest wants to know:

Total time
Time in the last 36 months
Majority of time in? (turboprop, jet,etc...)
Jet PIC
Turbprop PIC
Turbine Total
Date of last flight
Turbine PIC (Mil or Civ)
Turbine SIC (mil or Civ)
Are you 737 typed w/out restrictions?

For the last five years list the aircraft, position held and total time

Much simpler than what you are thinking. Now, when you go for the interview they will go over your log with you.
Good luck and have fun filling that logbook. Done that once...

That sort of answers my question. I am still wondering if other regional pilots still log things like night, actual, approaches, etc. Also, how it looks to the logbook checker at SWA or anywhere else if you were to note that you stopped logging these things because you felt they were no longer relavent.

Latest resources

Back