Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Differences training for 737-400 to -800????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

hughes13

Anyone know of a CBT program to go from a -400 to a -800? Would have posted in training but didnt think anyone there would know.(no offense)

Thanks!

No such thing. Just get you an FMS manual to explain the efis. It's not that hard, but the '800 is a much better airplane.

Try this:

http://www.cockpitcompanion.com/servlet/the-737-CLASSIC--dsh--NG-DIFFERENCES/Categories

I am not sure how specific Bill Bulfer is with regard to dispays (EFIS/MAP vs PFD/NF). I am not sure an FMS manual is the way to go. The classics and NGs both use essentially the same software (U10.7 for now, U10.8A should be out in the spring). There are some FMS capabilities that the NG has that the CLs do not (TOGA to LNAV, arming LNAV for takeoff). The NG uses weight based maneuvering speeds rather than "block speeds".

Most differences are not big, but there are quite a few.

The FMC's are NOT the same. The -300's(Ex-UAL)/-800's I flew at ATA were similar, as far as updates, but there were differences. Not all classics have U10. I flew with Cayman and there's was lower. Keypad functionality is different between the two, as well. I've used the Bulfer books. They're good. ALPA national is over it, you should be too.

Latest resources

Back