Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Fly-n-high

Interesting quote from Winston Churchill:

"If you're not a liberal by the time you're 20 then you don't have a heart. If you're not a conservative by the time you're 30 then you don't have a brain."

Churchill was full of quotes like this. Probably one of the wisest men of his time.

how about this, if you are a conservative by age 30, you probably never had to "work" for a living, probably had your parents pay for your college and flight training, never served in the military, although you're a great hero at playing Wolfenstien, and never had to fill out a mortgage application because your parents bought your first house.

Toecutter said:
how about this, if you are a conservative by age 30, you probably never had to "work" for a living, probably had your parents pay for your college and flight training, never served in the military, although you're a great hero at playing Wolfenstien, and never had to fill out a mortgage application because your parents bought your first house.
No. That's if you are a conservative by the time you're 18.

Hey FL000-
i couldnt help but to notice the quotes you had in your signature from Bush about the cropdusters and ticket counters..... What a great mind of our time. History should forget anything Churchill said. Bush's words say it all.

Toecutter,

You're reply pretty much reinforced the Churchill quote. There was nothing intelligent about it. You're reply was strictly emotional. You've got to learn to use you're brain a little more.

You're lack of emotional control could be dangerous and it could cause you to make hasty decisions.

Sounds like you've got some jealousy issues to me.

troyzohner said:
Hey FL000-
i couldnt help but to notice the quotes you had in your signature from Bush about the cropdusters and ticket counters..... What a great mind of our time. History should forget anything Churchill said. Bush's words say it all.
I tease him with love. I'm a big fan of his.

Fly-n-high said:
Interesting quote from Winston Churchill:

"If you're not a liberal by the time you're 20 then you don't have a heart. If you're not a conservative by the time you're 30 then you don't have a brain."

Churchill was full of quotes like this. Probably one of the wisest men of his time.

I cited this quote in an earlier thread but I am glad to have it cited again. The more the better.

Is it me, or is this totally backwards. In my experience, it is the young liberal that has never had to work for anything. The conservative is typically the one who has a mortgage payment and a job. That is why he/she hates to see the government tax the hell out of everything. It is the person who hasn't had a real job or a mortgage payment that doesn't feel the burden that tax-and-spend liberals place upon the working American whose champion they claim to be.

Furthermore, most military folks that I am acquainted with are conservatives. I feel like I misread that post...

Just ask yourself if you are better off with Bush in the White House than Clinton, if the answer is yes, then you probably should vote republican (with all the extra cash you have in your wallet by now), "What was that again, ohh you don't have a job anymore. Nevermind, but at least you are paying less taxes. Oh you rather have a job? Tough luck pal, why don't you go and pound dirt instead!!!"

Latest resources

Back