• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Diesel Cessna 172

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The Time between Replacement (no overhauls) for that engine is currently 1000 hours. They're trying to expand it to 2400 hours, and until then, if you hit up against the 1000 hour limit, they'll replace the engine for 42% of the regular replacement cost.

http://www.centurion-engines.com/c17/faq/faq_content.htm#TBO

That engine has been having some problems in the Diamond TwinStar - they haven't been able to get quite the high-altitude performance they hoped for (> 12,000 ft) due to cooling problems. They've also held off on selling these engines in the States until they can establish a maintenance network.

If they can "debug" it and create the maintenance network, it might be a good alternative, especially if the only company in the world that makes TEL for 100LL decides to get out of the business.

well that is the regular price. riddle kids get it cheaper, plus that now has the fuel surcharge added in. it's $88 for the riddle kids

cforst513 said:
well that is the regular price. riddle kids get it cheaper, plus that now has the fuel surcharge added in. it's $88 for the riddle kids
I want the $80 back!! :D

Not bad tho.

I'll come down after Ophelia passes. Theyll prolly want to check me out again, since its been a few months.

Latest resources

Back