Did Psa Ratify All Their Concessions?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

blzr

I talked to a PSA gate agent last night in PIT and they and the rampies have rejected all concessions presented by whoever presents them.. not the point... Is this true? If so, how did PSA make it out of Bankruptcy with PDT and ALG since we gave up the farm to please management?

Can anyone shed some light on the subject? If this is true, I think it will cause alot of bad feeling between the WO's, especially if they get new equiptment ahead of the WO's that ratified 100% of their contracts well within the time frame set be Crystal City.

Blzr,

As far as I know our gate agents and ramp people have not ratified any concessions. That whole deal about having all groups ratify concessions was a bunch of BS from mainline management.

It sucks for all the wholly owned groups because everyone (except the PSA teamsters) gave up something when it apparently didn't mean that much to emerging from bankruptcy.

I think part of the reason that the gate agents are not ratifiying anything is that they were pretty much told their jobs would not be there in a year, ie they are expendable. Sucky way to run stuff but that is the word on the street.

Peace Out.

Skeezer

skeezer said:

It sucks for everyone whom gave up something when it apparently didn't mean that much to emerging from bankruptcy.

I hope we ACA pilots understand this basic concept in our perdicament. A few bucks out of my wallet will hurt me and my family more than it'll help our situation. What's more important are two things: 1) When you give something up, it's always harder to get it back; 2) I realize that some jacka$$ intern will do my job for free. Fine, he can have my CA seat because I don't need it that badly. I like my job and get alot of satisfaction out of it, but man, some pilots are like drug addicts...

Tailwinds...

g159av8tor said:
I like my job and get alot of satisfaction out of it, but man, some pilots are like drug addicts...

Tailwinds...

You're absolutely right. Fly anywhere, anytime for anyone. Pretty **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** pathetic.

blzr said:
I talked to a PSA gate agent last night in PIT and they and the rampies have rejected all concessions presented by whoever presents them.. not the point... Is this true? If so, how did PSA make it out of Bankruptcy with PDT and ALG since we gave up the farm to please management?

Can anyone shed some light on the subject? If this is true, I think it will cause alot of bad feeling between the WO's, especially if they get new equiptment ahead of the WO's that ratified 100% of their contracts well within the time frame set be Crystal City.

blzr,

With respect to your last paragraph, don't let any bad feelings come between the WO's. We the WO pilots are all WE have. The lines of communication need to get better in order for us to not get screwed over anymore.

And in order to make it better we need to stay on top of our MEC's and not let them just think about their own pilot groups. With the events that are sure to follow in the coming months, if there was ever a time when we all needed to be on the same page, its now.

We can't worry about who is going to get what first, we need to make sure WE ALL get what is rightfully ours, Together.

Latest resources

Back