Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Did NetJets hire Union Buster agaisnt flight attendants?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The company can choose to give themselves a "penalty" for working pilots over a set time if they wish.... Until they change their minds.

A union contact is suppose to lock in certain contractual work rules/pay/benefits that both sides agreed to, and are not suppose to change except by mutual concent of both the union and the company, until the next contract is ratified or a lockout/strike occurs (under RLA rules).

A good example of the protection a union contract offers is that the NJA flight attendents did not lose their 401k match, while the company chose to revoke the 401k match from the NJI flight attendants for a period of time.

I think everyone should read the book "confessions of a union buster" , this MAD FA campaign sounds like some of the tactics he documents participating in while working as an anti-union consultant.

from Mason's mouth-I smell a RAT!

http://http://theohiolaborlawyers.wordpress.com/about-mr-mason
My name is Ronald Mason, and I am a management-side labor and employment attorney based in Columbus, Ohio. I am the managing partner of our firm - Mason Law Firm – that has a national reputation for keeping companies union-free and negotiating tough contracts when necessary, as well as advising companies when their employees choose to decertify unions (get rid of the union) and deauthorize unions (get rid of mandatory union dues).
I have practiced labor law for 30 years and I have negotiated so many union contracts that I cannot tell you the total number. I am a former attorney with the National Labor Relations Board and I have not only a J.D. degree graduating with the highest honors, I also have a LL.M. in Labor Law degree from Georgetown University.
We successfully navigate the minefield that is the National Labor Relations Act and accomplish the difficult labor work that other firms can’t perform. We also have a very active employment law practice. We advise companies in every aspect of employment law including federal and state Civil Rights laws, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, and the Family Medical and Leave Act.
We also counsel and train management regarding trades secrets, reductions in force, severance packages, drug testing, and immigration compliance. We have created and/or audited handbooks, serve as a consultant before terminations, and advocate for employers before the both state and federal court systems. In all, our firm has litigated labor and employment matters in ten different states.
have-plane-will-travel-card-reduced.gif

Our firm has its own twin engine private aircraft certified to fly in any weather and we can travel over half this Country in less time than you can travel by airline. We view ourselves as firemen who at a moment’s notice must drop whatever we are doing and respond to your immediate needs. We have represented companies in negotiations and before the National Labor relations Board from Alabama and Georgia to Michigan and from Connecticut to California. I am licensed to practice in both Ohio and Georgia. However, I do not have to be licensed to practice in any particular state if your case is a matter before the National Labor Relations Board or in any Union organizing attempt or NLRB election.

Last edited:
There is one reason you need a union at a frac.

The schedule that you have. If you work a 7 and 7 the company has to get you home on day 7 or else face major penalties. Same is true on the other schedules. Whether it be an 8 and 6 or a 15 day or an 18 day.

The company is forced to get you home on the last day.

Without the union this would not be true. 7 day tours could turn into 9 day tours, etc etc. You get the point. You must have a union in the frac business.

Actually, that's incorrect. They can schedule you all they want on day 7 and don't even have to try to get you home. They just have to pay you, but I totally agree, we do need the union in place.

There is one reason you need a union at a frac.

The schedule that you have. If you work a 7 and 7 the company has to get you home on day 7 or else face major penalties. Same is true on the other schedules. Whether it be an 8 and 6 or a 15 day or an 18 day.

The company is forced to get you home on the last day.

Without the union this would not be true. 7 day tours could turn into 9 day tours, etc etc. You get the point. You must have a union in the frac business.

yea the same things a non-union charter company does to keep a union out.

BTW: How come when union organizers come in they are never called "Company Busters"?

Last edited:
BTW: How come when union organizers come in they are never called "Company Busters"?

because a union saves a company from itself. Otherwise management's theft is massive. A pilot should be paid a professional salary and benefits. along with a realistic schedule.

Seniority rights are another thing a union helps to provide. Something ol' Yipster knows something about abrogating, right Yip?

because a union saves a company from itself. Otherwise management's theft is massive. A pilot should be paid a professional salary and benefits. along with a realistic schedule.

Seniority rights are another thing a union helps to provide. Something ol' Yipster knows something about abrogating, right Yip?

Both nice doges of the question, both must be libs, avoid the question; place blame on someone or something. Why aren't you answering the question of why aren't union organizers called "company busters"? How about dead companies like United States Steel, GM, Chrysler, Wyandotte Chemical, Inland Steel, etc. When a union pushes management into a corner with a strike threat, the company often has to do things they not to be in their best interest. Reference GM in 1994 when they knew they could not afford the union contract in the long term, but knew that would be less devastating than a strike in the short term for a company that had borrowed to the limit and needed the cash flow to stay solvent.

BTW: Follow seniority pretty much, never hire off the street if there are internal qualified candidates, movement between seats based upon seniority, everyone recalled who was laid off got their old date of hire back. Guys who quit and came back went to the bottom of the seniority list.

Last edited:
Yeah YIP, airlines are really skeeeered of a strike, what with the RLA and all......

BTW: Follow seniority pretty much, never hire off the street if there are internal qualified candidates, movement between seats based upon seniority, everyone recalled who was laid off got their old date of hire back.

Just to be clear, you're referring to the people that got furloughed regardless of seniority because they were on the Falcon?

Last edited:
Yeah YIP, airlines are really skeeeered of a strike, what with the RLA and all......

Just to be clear, you're referring to the people that got furloughed regardless of seniority because they were on the Falcon?
Wasn't just think of RLA when referring to "Company Busters", but again good dodge of the questions, you should run for office as a liberal.

BTW: You mean the guys who were recalled in seniority and are now DC-9 Captains? Those guys?:cool:

Last edited:
Both nice doges of the question, both must be libs, avoid the question; place blame on someone or something. Why aren't you answering the question of why aren't union organizers called "company busters"? How about dead companies like United States Steel, GM, Chrysler, Wyandotte Chemical, Inland Steel, etc. When a union pushes management into a corner with a strike threat, the company often has to do things they not to be in their best interest. Reference GM in 1994 when they knew they could not afford the union contract in the long term, but knew that would be less devastating than a strike in the short term for a company that had borrowed to the limit and needed the cash flow to stay solvent.

BTW: Follow seniority pretty much, never hire off the street if there are internal qualified candidates, movement between seats based upon seniority, everyone recalled who was laid off got their old date of hire back. Guys who quit and came back went to the bottom of the seniority list.

Jeez, YIP! give it a rest.

Latest resources

Back