Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Did NetJets hire Union Buster agaisnt flight attendants?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FRACfa

I am a NetJets flight attendant and got a letter from lawyer trying to bust our union. He sent us cards to decertify. I am mailing back in pieces. I hope Hansell and NJA management aren't behind this. Here is the website. http://famadblog.wordpress.com/ What do you all think?

Probably. Either that or an NJI FA still drinking the Kool Aid.

I am a NetJets flight attendant and got a letter from lawyer trying to bust our union. He sent us cards to decertify. I am mailing back in pieces.

From his site: Remember: Do not listen to rumors and rhetoric from anyone.

Sounds to me like you reacted appropriately. And I have no doubt management is behind it! Remember where the boss came from, and one of that firm's practice areas: http://www.nyemaster.com/aspx/practice_areas.aspx?lsid=68

There is a section to leave comments. Trust me. DON'T POST ANYTHING. You'll regret it. Ask me how I know.

Hypothetical question...what would be the view if management wasn't behind this and the majority of FA's don't want a union?

Is this the first anyone has heard of the matter? If so, then barking at shadows is probably warranted.

Hypothetical question...what would be the view if management wasn't behind this and the majority of FA's don't want a union?

Is this the first anyone has heard of the matter? If so, then barking at shadows is probably warranted.

I guess we will be without a union. Everyone I have talked to is taken by surprised. It seems to be a few Gulfstream fas who think that everything will go back to the way it was without a union. I hear from the gossip that many of them still talk to BN and SE and they say that they would like to make it like NJI but the union.............

If anyone had a question about if our collective unions were dealing with a well organized, and experienced union busters this time around, it has been answered.

Oh, and I suspect that these union busters are already monitoring aviation web sites such as this, to see if their campaign to decertify "takes root."

Last edited:
There is one reason you need a union at a frac.

The schedule that you have. If you work a 7 and 7 the company has to get you home on day 7 or else face major penalties. Same is true on the other schedules. Whether it be an 8 and 6 or a 15 day or an 18 day.

The company is forced to get you home on the last day.

Without the union this would not be true. 7 day tours could turn into 9 day tours, etc etc. You get the point. You must have a union in the frac business.

There is one reason you need a union at a frac.

The schedule that you have. If you work a 7 and 7 the company has to get you home on day 7 or else face major penalties. Same is true on the other schedules. Whether it be an 8 and 6 or a 15 day or an 18 day.

The company is forced to get you home on the last day.

Without the union this would not be true. 7 day tours could turn into 9 day tours, etc etc. You get the point. You must have a union in the frac business.

The others don't or some currently don't. The ones who don't, do not have "penalties" for getting folks home? What about nji? Before they were unionized, were there not penalties for extended days?

Latest resources

Back