Did I miss the boat? Best Regionals

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Hollywood82

I have wanted to go to the airlines for years now, but couldn't afford it. Just paid off all my student loans, and really don't think I'll be happy at a 135 company for the rest of my life. Don't get me wrong, there are a few good things about 135 jet flying, but it's still not what I want.

Have I waited too long to get a job at a GOOD regional, or is this slowing of hiring only temporary (2-3 months)?

What's the outlook for:
Republic
Compass
SkyWest
Air Wisconsin
Horizon

I'm well above any hiring minimums posted, 3700TT, ATP, 2 types, but no 121 experience.

Please keep your comments constructive.
Thankyou

I'd say Republic or SkyWest. I'd recommend NetJets before either tho....

Go fly E170s at Republic/Shuttle America/CHQ or Compass. None of those airlines you listed will pay great, but I think you'll enjoy the E170 (that's what my friends say who fly it). Compass could be questionable because you never know what will happen with NWA in the merger - you may get a down flow of furloughed NWA pilots (you never know). I'd therefore target Republic/SA/CHQ. Good luck.

I put my stuff in with Republic on Thursday. I"ve been reading alot of things on here suggesting that they are not hiring for a while. How long does it take for a regional to call after filling out the online app?

Sorry for the dumb question, but this is all new to me, I've gotten every job I've ever had without applying. The 135 world is alot different.

I feel your pain...I made a similar jump. I was lucky enough to come into a captain position, but that window seems to have closed.

As for which, I have no idea-I'm very happy at Mesaba, but with the merger in the works who knows what's next? It's all a roll of the dice. Just go for base now rather than company I supose, within reason.

RP/SA/CHQ are still hiring strong... The reason people are being put into a hiring pool is that we can't train people fast enough. From what the rumors are, we are hiring another 700-1000 this year. This is a really good company to work for except some of the contract BS...
I think we will make it through the mergers fine... who knows though.

Well that is good news. I put my stuff in with them a few days ago. They are high on my list. How long till I should hear something.... days, weeks, months? Do I dare bother HR with a question like that?

Thanks for all the great input everyone.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back