Did i hear them right????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flying Ninja said:
I have a huge sense of humor. But not when you get the big stiffy from some fat f*cks down there in the management side of business. After you up rooted yourself and committed 100% to their program (read: lies) and find yourself with no job and no support and buried in their delays and incompentence, yeah, I guess they took a chunk of my sense of humor out of life. :)

Don't despair. I heard you got screwed at CAPT. You need to check out the innovative program offered by Jet University. In just a months you can be flying an RJ, like you should have been by completing the CAPT program.

www.jetuniversity.com

Detroitpilot22 said:
IF you are refering to the tape that was just released of a northwest dc 9 hitting an airbus in msp that happened a year ago, than no it was not pinnacle. We don't fly dc 9's last time i checked and that accident was a result of a hydrualic failure

Give 'em a bit and Pinnacle will be flying NWA's DC-9s. They way this industry is going, all of us regional pilots will be flying mainline equipment.

80for80 said:
Don't despair. I heard you got screwed at CAPT. You need to check out the innovative program offered by Jet University. In just a months you can be flying an RJ, like you should have been by completing the CAPT program.
www.jetuniversity.com

LOL! I was joking on another thread about how I should jump on the Jet University offer. I think I'll pass. Once bitten twice shy.

AWACO said:
You sir are a freakin idiot! get your facts straight before you go runnin your mouth

A simple google search would have provided the facts you are looking for without starting another flame war

That's why I am asking pelitely you stupid f**k! shove it

80for80 said:
Give 'em a bit and Pinnacle will be flying NWA's DC-9s. They way this industry is going, all of us regional pilots will be flying mainline equipment.

And with a screen name like "80for80," I'm sure that's exactly the way you want it. :rolleyes:

Ninja,

How could you not have a job? Why havent you tried Mesa? Most regionals are hiring at 500 hours! One person I know just picked up a C90 job with 300 hours. It sounds to me like you aren't trying at all. Sorry man, but its the truth.

Russian

The_Russian said:
Ninja,

How could you not have a job? Why havent you tried Mesa? Most regionals are hiring at 500 hours! One person I know just picked up a C90 job with 300 hours. It sounds to me like you aren't trying at all. Sorry man, but its the truth.

Russian

Let's not over simplify the reality of regional hiring. One of my instructors at CAPT was from MESA and given his candid and truthful dissertation of his experiences, I rather shovel cow crap than work there. And that guy that got hired at 300 hours, I'm sure he knew someone or had the resume walked in for him from someone with some pull on the inside. My resumes went out to ASA and AWAC and neither has called. I suspect CAPT never even sent them in.

But it's not just about not trying to get a flying job. It's also about the financials. I can't afford to work for a regional right now. I'm just too poor to be able to support a living with the debt payments I have. Maybe in 5 years if I'm lucky, I'll try again, but for now, the party's over.

I just want to make sure prospective students and those that are in the industry realize what kind of a sh!t shack CAPT is. And I heard a few months ago they may get bought by CAE. So when that happens, I hope people realize it's the same INCOMPETENT PEOPLE running the same used car sales pitch and tactics to drain people's bank accounts. Sure, you get flight training from them, but you can get it a lot cheaper elsewhere, and with more useful ratings.

Flybet3 said:
i heard a Pinnacle airplane hit a northwest airplane on a ramp somewhere??? is that true???
No, this is what you heard:

FAA clears pilots of plane that skidded off runway in May

Associated Press

MOSINEE, Wis. - The pilots of a United Express plane that skidded off a runway in heavy thunderstorms in late May did not commit any regulatory violations, the Federal Aviation Administration said.
Weather was a significant factor in the incident, said FAA spokeswoman Elizabeth Isham Cory. She said the investigation was complete.
The plane landed at the Central Wisconsin Airport on May 30 and skidded into the mud.
The flight, which came from Chicago, carried 44 passengers and three crew members, none of whom was injured.

Let's not over simplify the reality of regional hiring. One of my instructors at CAPT was from MESA and given his candid and truthful dissertation of his experiences, I rather shovel cow crap than work there. And that guy that got hired at 300 hours, I'm sure he knew someone or had the resume walked in for him from someone with some pull on the inside. My resumes went out to ASA and AWAC and neither has called. I suspect CAPT never even sent them in.

If you would rather shovel cow crap than work there, so be it. You may have to lower your high standards to get a foot into the industry. Mesa would be a great place to work for six months to get the time to move up to Express or Skywest. You have to make the move if you want the career to start.

Why haven't you sent your resume in on your own? Having CAPT submit them shows that you are lazy and helpless. Get off your booty and shoot those resumes out!

But it's not just about not trying to get a flying job. It's also about the financials. I can't afford to work for a regional right now. I'm just too poor to be able to support a living with the debt payments I have. Maybe in 5 years if I'm lucky, I'll try again, but for now, the party's over.

Most loan companies will change your payments to fit your current income. You can pay as low as the interest only. You may also have to find a second income to suppliment your FO pay. Or, live in a crashpad for $200 bucks a month.

I just want to make sure prospective students and those that are in the industry realize what kind of a sh!t shack CAPT is. And I heard a few months ago they may get bought by CAE. So when that happens, I hope people realize it's the same INCOMPETENT PEOPLE running the same used car sales pitch and tactics to drain people's bank accounts. Sure, you get flight training from them, but you can get it a lot cheaper elsewhere, and with more useful ratings.

Please, stop blaming the CAPT program for your career pitfalls. Stand up for yourself man! You have 500 hours. You can get a job. Sorry my friend, I cannot cut you any slack. You have to send the resumes yourself. And be persistant. I will help you out:

Mesa
http://www.airlineapps.com/transition/76/jobs.asp
Airnet
http://www.airnet.com/Careers/careersFrame.htm

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back