• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Did Comair Furlough.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have several friends who are FOs at Comair. They typically have 7000+ TT and 5000+ Turbine 121 experience. All of them have the prerequisite 1000+ TPIC.

None of them are still there by choice. All of them upgraded at the first opportunity. When the majors were hiring they still needed their 1000 TPIC. They finally upgraded and got the 1000 TPIC but then nobody was hiring. Now they are displaced back to the right seat.

None of them were DCI grads or DCI instructors. None of them PFT'd. Most of them were hired after the strike. All of them are married and have children. They all have mortgages to pay. Most are in their late 30's. None of them spike their hair and wear iPods or backpacks to work.

In short, they are real adults. They didn't shortcut their way to anything. They took the traditional route trying to get to a major airline, but the door slammed shut right before they could step through. By any account they did all the right things. It's only circumstances beyond their control that stopped their career advancement and it pisses me off when ******************************bags like asscarpe denigrates them. He doesn't have a ********************ing clue about the regionals and in particular the average Comair pilot.

Yep, real low timers......

Last edited:
I have several friends who are FOs at Comair. They typically have 7000+ TT and 5000+ Turbine 121 experience. All of them have the prerequisite 1000+ TPIC.

None of them are still there by choice. All of them upgraded at the first opportunity. When the majors were hiring they still needed their 1000 TPIC. They finally upgraded and got the 1000 TPIC but then nobody was hiring. Now they are displaced back to the right seat.

None of them were DCI grads or DCI instructors. None of them PFT'd. Most of them were hired after the strike. All of them are married and have children. They all have mortgages to pay. Most are in their late 30's. None of them spike their hair and wear iPods or backpacks to work.

In short, they are real adults. They didn't shortcut their way to anything. They took the traditional route trying to get to a major airline, but the door slammed shut right before they could step through. By any account they did all the right things. It's only circumstances beyond their control that stopped their career advancement and it pisses me off when ******************************bags like asscarpe denigrates them. He doesn't have a ********************ing clue about the regionals and in particular the average Comair pilot.

Yep, real low timers......

Your right! Seven years at 2 different regionals. I know nothing about regional airlines. As for the 7000+ and 5000 turbine. BS! Comair hires low timers! Real low timers! No one with those hours would go to that scumbag airline. They could make more money at Netjets, or Waffle House. Get those Arbys applications up to date, this is going to be a long, long period before these 20 year old 100 hour wonders get back in a flightdeck.

Caveman, your timing couldn't have been better when you got out and to your new employer. I'm in the boat you just described and dirtbags like asscarpe bring down our professtion.

I wonder if he bothered to serve like we had, and had he done so, would his demented outlook in life be any different? Maybe he can't handle the daily grind with so many Vets there at DL and trolls over here on the Regional board to virtually 'kick the dog.' ...pitiful and small-minded. He must have retained someone with an actual education to write his resume and cover letter since his drivel here is constant testimony towards his grammatical failures.

Last edited:
Caveman, your timing couldn't have been better when you got out and to your new employer. I'm in the boat you just described and dirtbags like asscarpe bring down our professtion.

I wonder if he bothered to serve like we had, and had he done so, would his demented outlook in life be any different? Maybe he can't handle the daily grind with so many Vets there at DL and trolls over here on the Regional board to virtually 'kick the dog.' ...pitiful and small-minded. He must have retained someone with an actual education to write his resume and cover letter since his drivel here is constant testimony towards his grammatical failures.

Why in the world would you bring up the military? You think because you peeled potatos in the Navy that I am supposed to have some sort of respect for you? Not saying that I don't!

You think because you peeled potatos in the Navy that I am supposed to have some sort of respect for you?

Oh, trust me, what he did in the Navy was a long way from peeling taters. But even if that's all he did, yes, you should have respect for him.

Why in the world would you bring up the military? You think because you peeled potatos in the Navy that I am supposed to have some sort of respect for you? Not saying that I don't!

Ha, must be a Kerry voter!

Halp me, asscarpe! I wuz stuk in iRak!!

Oh, yes sir, Mr. Doublebreast. I did indeed peel potatoes, then Nuked them 'till they glowed!!

Just sayin'-sleeping between two Trident D-4 SLBMs for 3 months at a time and putting your life in the hands of, yes, even the ship's Dolphin wearing potato peeler gives you a unique perspective in life. Something I fear you'll never 'get.' Now

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back