Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Did Anybody That Interviewed At ATLAS in MAY Get HIRED??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A friend and former co-worker of mine at Astar interviewed on May 13th, got the call for being hired on May 19th and begins training June 7th. He was a DC-8 FO at Astar and will be an FO on the 747-400 at Atlas.

A friend and former co-worker of mine at Astar interviewed on May 13th, got the call for being hired on May 19th and begins training June 7th. He was a DC-8 FO at Astar and will be an FO on the 747-400 at Atlas.

Confirmed. Some going to the -400 and a few to the -200. Not sure how they select who goes where.... just what I heard. June 7th is a go.

Good for the ASTAR guy! Five of the B747-400LCF pilots interviewed and four of us are confirmed rejected.

Good luck to all that are lucky enough to get the job.

Good for the ASTAR guy! Five of the B747-400LCF pilots interviewed and four of us are confirmed rejected.

Good luck to all that are lucky enough to get the job.

Further evidence their screening process has run amok.

Don't know what the percentages are, but May interviews were about 40 and that filled a June 7 Class that I think will be 13. I don't know how many more of the May 40 will be in the June 28 class. This week interviewed 28 more and they were told that those would fill a June 28 Class. The following two classes will be July 19 and early August.

Those selected to interview seem to be a wide cross section, but there is alot of ATA guys being interviewed with most being hired.

Hmmmm.......wonder if someone in McMinnville made a discrete call asking for a halt to hiring EZ pilots?

Doubt it - it's just who presents themselves better. Right now Atlas can pick the best, unfortunately the best is, and has always been, the best at selling themselves to the interviewer.

The indication from an insider is, that the group that interviewed around 12 May were given two shots. If they didn't make the first cut, they were held onto until the interview group last week were finished up. I know it's not what you want to hear, and you've been strung out, but for a few, it might have been a good thing.

Latest resources

Back