Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Did any of you Frontier guys read your new CEOs welcome letter?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
... and now Bedford is closing the Hawaii base....

How much notice did he give the pilots? 2 weeks.... Oh by the way, your new schedule in LGA starts November 1st.... enjoy your 6000 mile commute...

This guy is a royal tool (and a religious fruitcake as was already said)....

That's one of the main differences. RAH closes a base in the same bid period with no notice. Luckily, I doubt many (if any) of thier pilots actually moved to the islands.
Also, don't criticize GK's working with SWAPA before comtemplating a company changing transaction. Some CEO's choose not to walk on their labors back on the way to a quick buck.
What worries me is that BB runs RAH like he's in for the short term, vs. GK looking out for the long term future.
I guess only time will tell.

I'm generally not one for advertising my politics on a chart case but, I encourage any pro choice Republic pilot to put a pro choice sticker on their case.:D

I think the guy is great! I only wish he was the one still running Mesaba; a guy with my own religious convictions who hopefully would have lead Mesaba out of the control structure (i.e. puppet management) that we're in.

MM

Well, the man has done very well for himself and the outfit he is in charge of. Can't argue that...we will see how he will manage this new endeavor.

JvW

Well, the man has done very well for himself and the outfit he is in charge of. Can't argue that...we will see how he will manage this new endeavor.

JvW

I agree! He should be commended for the profits and biz he is creating.

I just wish our weak unions stood up to mngmt and protected our own benefits. There should be a NICE THICK LINE between mngmt and union (labor). There is no bleeding thru..PERIOD. THE UNION NEEDS TO UNDERSTAND THIS!

We give no resistance..Mngmt just takes and threatens us...We, as pilots, are a bunch of scared "eee" cats...

What would have happened if the UNIONS declared SOS?

What would happen if pilots quit flying when Managers "START" laying off 3/4 of their pilot groups OR replace RESPECTABLE LABOR with low cost slave labor? Would that show a sign of RESISTANCE, or is it worth the extra month of paycheck to ignore the "planned shift in labor and flying"?

No pilots to FLY, No airline to RUN.. Paying a Pilot in GOOD WAGES and BENEFITS is the cost of doing GOOD, SAFE BUSINESS.

Mngmt is doing exactly what mngmt is supposed to do. Stop blaming them. Blame our UNIONS and PILOTS for not stepping up and commanding what we are TRULY WORTH!

CYA

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back