• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DHL's MAD WORLD

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am afraid you are missing the points if you think some anti trust issues are going to save this. This is political but that does not mean much when the rubber meets the road.
DHL made most of their money before they ever had any aircraft at all. I even remember the original Cinci operation. They were pretty much forced into that.
Perhaps many of you should remember the names, Purolator, CF Airfreight, Emery, Flying Tigers, etc.. Where are they now, no doubt involved in some anti trust issue.
That ad, a waste of money.

I don't think he had to invite Astar. We already know ABX can't haul every market DHL has. While I don't know what the plan would say, my bet is that it is something along the lines of "here is what we can do for you, how we can do it, how much we would charge and how it would be to your advantage". The rest DHL would fill in with what their network would provide. DHL owns 49% of Astar for all sakes. I think DHL already knows what it can and can't do with what it already owns.

Think of the plan as more of a sales call rather than how you are thinking of a plan. I could be wrong, but there is no indication it is any different than just that.

Not that it matters anyway....

German CEO says company won’t negotiate

http://www.wnewsj.com/main.asp?SectionID=49&SubSectionID=156&ArticleID=167339&TM=68219.49

I am afraid you are missing the points if you think some anti trust issues are going to save this. This is political but that does not mean much when the rubber meets the road.
DHL made most of their money before they ever had any aircraft at all. I even remember the original Cinci operation. They were pretty much forced into that.
Perhaps many of you should remember the names, Purolator, CF Airfreight, Emery, Flying Tigers, etc.. Where are they now, no doubt involved in some anti trust issue.
That ad, a waste of money.

DHL had airplanes long before they moved to CVG. Do a little research before you make posts.

DHL Worldwide Express USA, DHL Europe, DHL SA, DHL ME, and DHL Asia.

I am afraid you are missing the points if you think some anti trust issues are going to save this...That ad, a waste of money.

I am afraid you are missing the point if you think that the members of the union are going to worry about how much some p*ssy add costs after paying dues over an entire career. If you have some more proactive advice that includes some more effective ideas and less general complaining, spew away.

Community rally in Wilmington today to present petitions. Lots of airport workers, lots of Astar pilots. Abx no-shows again.

Community rally in Wilmington today to present petitions. Lots of airport workers, lots of Astar pilots. Abx no-shows again.

You remind me of my mother-in-law.

I am afraid you are missing the point if you think that the members of the union are going to worry about how much some p*ssy add costs after paying dues over an entire career. If you have some more proactive advice that includes some more effective ideas and less general complaining, spew away.

Now just hang on the Skyye. Publishers is just trying to help us out. You need to pay better attention to the timely wisdom of Publishers and eatme. Their advice to simply do nothing more than update your resume and send out apps, is like going to a free Air Inc. seminar, only you get to hear their condescention as an added bonus.

Soon they'll be telling us what font to type in or what color it should be. Soooo helpful. Should be greatful.

Now just hang on the Skyye. Publishers is just trying to help us out. You need to pay better attention to the timely wisdom of Publishers and eatme. Their advice to simply do nothing more than update your resume and send out apps, is like going to a free Air Inc. seminar, only you get to hear their condescention as an added bonus.

Soon they'll be telling us what font to type in or what color it should be. Soooo helpful. Should be greatful.

Wow Shooter, thanks for setting me straight! Imagine how silly we could have looked. ;)

Latest resources

Back