• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DHL takes a heater in Iraq

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Gezz. I wonder what checklist they ran for that!

Glad to see they made it down safe.

I saw on the news that DHL won't be flying into and out of there for a while.

What in the BLUE BLAZES was DHL even doing flying there? Any DHL pilots here? If so, do you receive hazard pay? And are those flights all volunteer? Unless I'm flying military aircraft that are equipped to deal with those threats, you won't see me over there in those killing fields!! I didnt even know Iraq was even anywhere close to being open to commercial carriers. It seems quite irresponsible to me.

I'm sure most of you heard about the soldiers who were shot and dragged out of their humvee in Mosul yesterday, and had their throats slashed, and were kicked and beaten to a pulp by the townspeople. Oh those peace loving Iraqis!! To hell with them all!!

Sorry, I guess I should save my rhetoric for the political boards.

DHL says might suspend Iraq operations after missile hits plane
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BRUSSELS (AFX) - International courier DHL said on Saturday it is looking at suspending its flights in Iraq after one of its planes was hit by a surface-to-air missile and forced back to Baghdad.

"Certainly for today our operations are suspended and I would imagine for tomorrow also," a spokeswoman for the formerly US-owned courier, which is now owned by German giant Deutsche Post, told Agence France Presse in Brussels.

"At the moment there are discussions ongoing as to whether we will actually suspend operations" for the longer term, the spokeswoman, Patricia Thomson, added.

Nobody was injured in the missile attack on the DHL Airbus A300 freighter, but it prompted Jordanian carrier Royal Wings, the only airline to offer civilian passenger flights into Baghdad, to suspend its service.

AFX News

11/24/2003

I heard it was an Islandflug Airbus A300-600. contracted to fly DHL's longer routes. the Brussel-Bahrain route with baghdad added on temporarly...

either way, happy the crew made it safe...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back