DHL shrink to profitability

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Chubaka

The Germans have bungled their US operation ever since buying Wilmington Airpark. They are now fast at work with a plan to stem losses. Shrinking to profitability usually does not work with airlines. In May, they present their plan. Any great thinkers out there have any idea what they might do?

They were bungling their operation long before ILN...seriously how do you people come up with this stuff?

Word on the street is that they will return to a regional hub structure similar to what they were doing pre ILN. By doing this they anticipate about a 30% reduction in ILN flying. Unfortunatly it will probably also mean more small contractors working to get the cargo to those regional hubs. Thats all just rumor however I believe some of the outstation restructuring is a good indication it's probably true.

Here's a thought:

Buy some trucks, hire some EMPLOYEES, and ditch the contractor model.....it has failed on an epic level.

Just ask FedEx Ground....of course, they're still in denial as well.

I am sure that DHL will continue to make stellar decisions, what leads anyone to believe that they can fix the problem here in the states?

Since day one they have made poor decisions, evidence last nights sort...or lack there of.

I am sure that DHL will continue to make stellar decisions, what leads anyone to believe that they can fix the problem here in the states?

Since day one they have made poor decisions, evidence last nights sort...or lack there of.

How did the sort go last night?

I was wondering how the blizzard effected things last night.

You must give credit where credit is due though. Someone (more than likely ABX) managed to keep the airport somewhat operational last night. The last I checked DAY has only been able to keep one runway open at a time.

EDIT: It looks like things were able to make it in somewhat on time, but departure is another story.

Last edited:
Actually, I was amazed almost all the flights were able to get out.

sort ran late, but well within reason for as much snow as we got. Problem is the flights made it out, for the most part, but a lot of freight was left in ILN due to lack of sorters. Should not have been a sort at all last night, but DHL was adamant.

I would love to know how many thousands of gallons of deice fluid were used last night...

Latest resources

Back