• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DHL Int. Crew had no hydrlcs in Baghdad

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Re: Never mind the vertical stabilizer...

EagleRJ said:
What I want to know is, how can a breach of hydraulic lines in the left wing tip result in a loss of all three systems? Aren't there hydraulic fuses in the system? I thought those were added to most aircraft after UA232.

That was I was thinking that too.

Amazing airmanship. Especially under that situation (stress).

Not an expert, but I'm suprised *all* hydraulics would be lost with the loss of one aileron/section of wing. Aren't opposite sides of the plane (controls) served by separate systems. Left aileron by the one system, right by another?

Re: Never mind the vertical stabilizer...

EagleRJ said:
What I want to know is, how can a breach of hydraulic lines in the left wing tip result in a loss of all three systems? Aren't there hydraulic fuses in the system? I thought those were added to most aircraft after UA232.

I wonder how Airbus FBW control laws would have reacted to this emergency?

Some B2 and B4 A-300's, are older than some DC-10's. I believe the only A-300's with FBW controls are the -600R's. Being that this aircraft may have never spent any time stateside, it may never been subjected to the scrutiny that most aircraft recieved after UA 232. i.e. Hydraulic Fuses.

Just my .02,

T

Vladimir Lenin said:
you mean thank god they didn't overstress the rudder by grossly and negligently overcontrolling the bejesus out of an airplane ?

Cheap shot, dude.

The pilots, crew, and pax that died on AA587 deserve more respect than that. There are many reasons that crash occured (aircraft design flaws, training issues, wake turbulence, and just plain bad luck).

A drive-by post by a guy with 230 hours is uncalled for. You do this long enough and you'll make a mistake you'll hopefully walk away from and hopefully learn something from.

My .02.

Hag

T-gates, as far as I know the A300-600 has no fly by wire, that came with the A320, 330, 340. The -600 has a 2 man glass cockpit and a composite tail that meets all the design requirements set forth by the aviation authorities. On a lot of aicraft you have 2 separate systems driving the flight controls, but if you shoot holes in both systems then there is not much left

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back