• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DHL Hub Service Agreement Renewal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
R&W is just scared about what is going to happen and wants everyone else to be miserable with him. Its a common trait among Astar pilots. Insecure people tend to project thier insecurities onto others!

Or instead I will read the whole agreement and understand it. You should give it a try or do you always just read the last page of a new book! It might help you to pull your head out of the sand, dust off the resume and be prepared.

R&W is just scared about what is going to happen and wants everyone else to be miserable with him. Its a common trait among Astar pilots. Insecure people tend to project thier insecurities onto others!

I'm not the least bit concerned about what's going to happen. I am concerned for those who will not be ready for the change it will create in their life. As for me I happen to be financially secure and do this job because I like the schedule, the work and the people I work with. And I'm far from miserable.

Insecure people tend to project thier insecurities onto others!

You are the perfect example.

Yep, same here. I just do this job because I love fatigue from working all night. Having a management team that loves to hold my career over my head is just a bonus. R & W, since you are financially secure, are you going to be the first to head out the door (if things go bad, of course) in order to help some of your less secure brothers. Blowing smoke is my guess.

I do have to disagree with the comment about "most Astar pilot". Most of those I have known or talked to have been pretty good dudes that want to do their jobs, get a paycheck, and go home to the family. Pretty much the same as our guys.

There is more than likely also language in the contract that states either party may end the contract at any time, no questions asked. This and the blurb that R&W pointed out are both very standard in almost any service oriented contract. Who knows, it's a two way road, these items may end up helping ABX.

I do have to disagree with the comment about "most Astar pilot". Most of those I have known or talked to have been pretty good dudes that want to do their jobs, get a paycheck, and go home to the family. Pretty much the same as our guys.

Thank you mxer. The same goes for your group.

As for R&W, I wish we were all in his financial shape. Then we all would not be sweating the end of May so much.

Thank you mxer. The same goes for your group.

As for R&W, I wish we were all in his financial shape. Then we all would not be sweating the end of May so much.

He claims to be single and disease free. No others to sweat for. (think about it a minute) :D

There is more than likely also language in the contract that states either party may end the contract at any time, no questions asked. This and the blurb that R&W pointed out are both very standard in almost any service oriented contract. Who knows, it's a two way road, these items may end up helping ABX.

I think that is what the 60 day clause R&W was so eager to point out does. The fact that DHL could have pulled the plug be not renewing and didn't is interesting. It suggests, at the very least, that they are keeping some options open. Still, if they do as the current rumors suggest and reduce the air side in the US to a total of 40 aircraft (20 727's & 20 767's) I think their long term survival will be in question. "Going back" doesn't work.

We are going to service the whole domestic system with 40 aircraft????? My god, we are in real trouble if that is true...

I think that is what the 60 day clause R&W was so eager to point out does. The fact that DHL could have pulled the plug be not renewing and didn't is interesting. It suggests, at the very least, that they are keeping some options open. Still, if they do as the current rumors suggest and reduce the air side in the US to a total of 40 aircraft (20 727's & 20 767's) I think their long term survival will be in question. "Going back" doesn't work.

Still, if they do as the current rumors suggest and reduce the air side in the US to a total of 40 aircraft (20 727's & 20 767's) I think their long term survival will be in question. "Going back" doesn't work.

Interesting. Right now Astar is looking at picking up additional 727 airframes per DHL's request. We have 29 in the system right now. I actually don't believe the "40" aircraft number, but DHL has stated their displeasure of the DC9, and even Hete has indicated between 5 & 35 of them going away.

However, none of us really know what's going on over in Germany, which makes all of this pure speculation. Guess we'll see soon enough.

BTW Cartman, I pointed out the 60 day clause because unlike the majority of you I have flown for DHL for the past 20+ years and have seen how they do contracts. They will always give themself an out. Like I said before, read the ENTIRE document.

Latest resources

Back