DHL commercial

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BIGBROWNDC8

Anyone see the New DHL commercial where UPS and FedEx are fighting between themselves to get to a customer and when they arrive, DHL is leaving with the business. I hate to shoot myself in the foot being Im a UPS guy but it was great. I admit I was shocked when I saw it, but it made me laugh.

Things here at UPS have been stagnet for a few years now and we at the union have been telling UPS that we need to hire pilots and grow, grow, grow... Of course, no body is listening. Profits are at an all time high ringing in last year just under 4 billion. Major expansion in China and other places in the Far East etc and UPS is making do with by expanding lines, packing them full of stuffers to max out line credits, displacing crews, relying on JA's all for the sake of keeping the upper hand with its pilots during contract negotiations. Of course I want UPS to be profitable and always be the top dawg. But I also want a profitable career, which is defined by senority. UPS Senority has done nothing but go backwards for the past 3 years. Maybe a little stategic marketing and a few lost customers, might make this GIANT wake up and get busy...

How things going over at FedEx???

BIGBROWNDC8

BIGBROWNDC8 said:
Anyone see the New DHL commercial where UPS and FedEx are fighting between themselves to get to a customer and when they arrive, DHL is leaving with the business. I hate to shoot myself in the foot being Im a UPS guy but it was great. I admit I was shocked when I saw it, but it made me laugh.

How things going over at FedEx???
I almost missed this post - - you posted when I began a 7-day trip, and it didn't get much response. I just happened to stumble across it looking for something else.

I saw the ad... in fact, I think I've seen 2 different ads. The other shows a Brown delivery van stopped at a railroad track waiting for the train to pass, a Purple delivery van on the opposite side doing the same, and Yellow delivery vans riding the train. (It's gonna be tough for those train-bound vans to make the home deliveries!)

Both ads seemed to be based on the premise that it's about time there was some competition, as if FedEx and UPS have not been competing, and Airborne, RPS and DHL have never existed. OK, so FedEx bought RPS, and Airborne has never been a major threat, but still. Is the "new" DHL gonna make that much of a difference?

So, bottom line: Cute, but doubtful that customers will begin flocking to DHL as a result.

Things at FedEx? Well, not bad, actually. 47% increase in NET profit over same quarter last year. More frequencies to Asia. Hiring at a brisk pace (pool is empty). Buying/converting more airplanes. Plans for the A-380 still on track. Stock up to almost $81 bucks. Contract negotiations are on track by all indications.

Good luck with yours!

Latest resources

Back