Dhl-astar..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MACHBUZZ

Any info on whats going on at ILN these days??? Is Astar letting people go?? It seeems no good current info is out... What part of ILN flying is staying at this point??? Good luck to all..

Any info on whats going on at ILN these days??? Is Astar letting people go?? It seeems no good current info is out... What part of ILN flying is staying at this point??? Good luck to all..
Things look pretty bleak at ILN although there is a glimmer of hope over at ABXAir as they are positioning themselves for life after DHL. I think I'll let an ABXA person address the details for you if they choose to.

At AStar, no one has been let go, but don't read anything into that. I think the bean counters realize that it will cost them more to "flush-dump-retrain" than to just keep us. Plus, there are contractual issues (yeah, I know :rolleyes: ) that prevent that from happening for the time being.

As for the flying? It's anyones guess right now. UPS is still in play but not so much now as DHL is free to talk to other vendors for the flying and has been I believe since Jan 31'st. The Next "big announcement" date is March 11. But even then we probably won't know much of anything until July.

Hope this helps,
FAJ

Latest resources

Back