Dhl 767-300erf

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

EuroWheenie

So, the first 3 frames will be going to DHL Air UK. Bit of a surpirse really, but then again PB is known to have a very sharp pencil.

Could have been worse though; they could've gone to ABX or Polar, at least this way we'lll retain control of where they go and when!

So, the first 3 frames will be going to DHL Air UK. Bit of a surpirse really, but then again PB is known to have a very sharp pencil.

Could have been worse though; they could've gone to ABX or Polar, at least this way we'lll retain control of where they go and when!

Do you not hold the same respect for your other 49% DHL owned airline, Polar, that you do for Astar? And you said yourself that ABX was not in the running, so how could that have been worse weenie? You know, if not even in the running? Your hatred is disgusting. Go eat some blood pudding or kippers, mate. :puke:

Euro,

If PB has such a sharp pencil, how could he not see the economy of scale of operating a larger fleet at one airline rather than a "vast fleet of three" at two separate carriers?

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see the other three come to us, I just can't believe that they could economically justify splitting up the order.

The only justification for a split announcement would be to give ABX - er ... well whatever they are called now - and Polar management three big carrots to hang in front of their pilots during the final throws of their negotiations only to turn around and place all six with DHL Air UK once the poker game is over.

On the other hand, splitting the order makes perfect sense (based on DHL's history) precisely because it makes no sense whatsoever...

I don't hate ABX or Polar, I'm just happy to see the aeroplanes being operated by a European carrier which we have full control over. You said it yourself mate, Polar and ASTAR are only 49 or 25% DHL owned airlines; DHL Air is a 100% owned carrier - a rather large difference!

I do agree with DC8 that there's been a lot of Mickey Mouse games going on, using the brand new -300s as carrots and sticks. We all know that politics sucks, and until the last 3 frames have been allocated it's not over. I would, however, be more than just a little surprised if those last 3 frames are to go anywhere but Air or EAT - with a 99.9% chance of the recipient being Air.

Oh, and PB = Paul Bishop - a good friend of mine. Why the bleedin' 'ell shouldn't I be happy about this decision?

Last edited:
ABX - er ... well whatever they are called now

ABX Air is still ABX Air. It was ABX Holdings which changed it's name to ATSG. At least now there is only one ABX. (Of course, some people here still go around calling the company "Airborne" which hasn't existed for several years)

Confused yet?

(I really hate it when someone asks for whom I work)

Euro

Do you know anything about the German DHL reps who were with Astar in Miami and ILN last week? I saw them fly to JFK on one of our airbus's on the 16th. We heard they met with Dasburg and then went to CVG and ILN with Astar Executives. What was this trip for??

Haven't got a clue FOD, my life is blessed with the complete absence of interaction with DPWN management ;)

How did they get permission to ride on the aircraft?

Don't know how they got permission. I left on the plane next to them and it was a full of suits. Rumor is they were doing a preliminary for the 767er's but I think it was just a tour. They did come in to the bistro and mingle with the pilot group.

Don't know how they got permission. I left on the plane next to them and it was a full of suits. Rumor is they were doing a preliminary for the 767er's but I think it was just a tour. They did come in to the bistro and mingle with the pilot group.

Are they the same ones that came through the ABX flight control office? I did not know they were from Germany, I thought they were Ken Allen's crew from Florida.

Latest resources

Back