DFW Flying Clubs/ Flight Schools

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

T-REX

Anyone know of any Flying Clubs/Schools/Partnerships north of DFW that allow members to keep planes overnight without exorbitant nonusage fees? Preferred airports: ADS, TKI, 52F, AFW.

Thanks in advance, have a good weekend everyone.

Thank you. I'll look into both.

I used to fly in RFC back when I lived in Dallas. Very professionally run. Couldn't believe how cheap their wet rates were on the Bonanza's.

The only downside might be that the club is somewhat large. However, I would say only about 10-15 of the members flew the aircraft regularly.

It's been a very long time ago, but I used to rent a Commander 114 out of Addison with some club, don't even recall the name now.

What I do remember is that you rented the aicraft "dry". The procedure was to call a particular FBO (not Million Air), designated by the aircraft rental company and top off the aircraft (to the tabs). You then paid for your fuel with the rental company, who in turn paid the FBO. This procedure made me a little suspicious so I called the FBO on my own and ask what my 100LL fuel price would be if I was not a transient customer but Addison based. I was NOT suprised to find that the fuel price they quoted me was SIGNIFICANTLY less than what the rental company charged me. Needless to say, it was the last time I ever rented there again (or used that FBO for that matter).

Word to the wise y'all.

I own an 07 172SP that I lease back to Monarch at ADS. You can rent it for $140/hr wet. It's barely got 80 hours on the Hobbs. If you ever get a hankerin' to rent it ask for 1695L.

:)

I'm not sure what the overnight fees are at ADS, but Monarch let a friend tie down his Archer there for $20 a night.

Latest resources

Back