Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

noslonlo

poppin' the most
We're going to Detroit this weekend. Can anyone give the closest or most convenient airport to the stadium. Also, is it necessary to reserve an arrival slot or whatever they call those things.

Thank you.

Detroit City Airport just north of the city! Probably the best place to go to! That is where the Playboy party will be taking place on satuday night! You cold also fly into Troy airport depending on what type of a/c you are coming in. I believe the runway is around 3500ft. Anyway enjoy it is going to be an amazing week! If you don't have a hotel room you should probably plan on sleeping in the FBO! Good Luck! Have Fun!

Pack some heat if you go in to DET. When my dad was a controller at metro, he had a coworker that used to open up the towr at DET every morning and she always packed a .38 Always loved how convenient it was having a grave yard at the end of 33 and 15;)

Last edited:
Detroit Metro would be the best, IMHO. Watch the forecasts for this weekend also; local news is calling possible snow so I would careful in using Oakland Troy.:beer:

I believe Willow Run (YIP) is specifically set up for handling/parking GA planes for the superbowl, but it's a bit of a drive from downtown...

Don't go to Detroit City even if there is a Playboy party there. Bring heat if you do, very dangerous part of town. I would say YIP and drive to downtown. Not more that 45min or so.

yes the Playboy party is being held at City airport. Don't expect to get in the door just cause you landed there the day before though....

WMUSIGPI said:
yes the Playboy party is being held at City airport. Don't expect to get in the door just cause you landed there the day before though....
You'd think they'd have a place for the "playboy" girl wannabes and the chauffeurs to get together. That's right, they do, it's over on Church Street and they don't take American Express.

Latest resources

Back