Denver Relocation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flagshipper

If one where to relocate to denver where are the nice areas? Maybe for an apartment at first and later a house. Just curious. Dont want to end up in the hood. Also what are the good hospitals in town so I can put the lady to work as well. Thanks

I recommend downtown or Cherry Creek. Nice people, easy to get around and relatively inexpensive.
Good luck

The Cherry Creek area is not inexpensive, rather just the opposite. Look east if you want something cheap until you get settled, Strasburg, Byers areas.

Stapleton is extremely convenient to all parts of the city. You're 18 mins to downtown, 12 mins to hospitals, 45 minutes from Boulder, 25 minutes from the airport, 20 mins from Denver Tech Center (225/25) and there is ample shopping in the area. If you want a nice little starter home you can get one there or you can go up to 1 million. :) Up to you.

I have a home in Park Hill....it's a great little neighborhood if you stay below 30th street and north of 17th. You won't like the public schools in the area so private schools might be the norm if that applies. Stapleton has excellent schools and is convenient to everywhere...

http://www.stapletondenver.com/

You might like being closer to the mountains - if that is the case I would recommend Golden or Boulder.

I second the fact that Cherry Creek is only inexpensive if you made a billion last year. ;)

Highlands Ranch, used to be the FO slums when UAL guys made a pile of cash. Ken Carl ranch, Ken Carl valley if you can afford it. Littleton is also nice, close to the hills. I grew up in Golden, still nice but becoming crowded. Also, off of I-25 north of 120th street is seeing growth and new developments. It's also close to the airport, relatively.

If you want to go further, check out Ft. Collins-Berthoud-Loveland area.

I agree about Cherry Creek, I currently reside very close to it. If you are making UAL contract 2000 or FedEx/UPS dollars, not to expensive. Otherwise, forget it. It's nice, urban, clean, trendy, ect. but expensive.

I'm a big fan of Castle Rock - they're still offering some serious incentives for new houses, and it's a very nice area.

Ditton on Castle Rock. take E470 up to DIA and it's a fast commute. Some new hospitals in the southern 'burbs so the little lady can support you. [Oh don't we all dream of that?]

The Stapleton area is an absolute ghetto, or atleast it will be within the next 5 years. Nice places: Littleton, Golden, Englewood, Highlands Ranch, Parker. Not so nice places: Aurora, Lakewood, Thorton, Westminster. Basically, if you want to live in suburbia Denver, look south, southwest, and west along the E/C-470 corridor.

Stapleton is ok if you like cookie cutter neighborhoods. It is closer to the center of town that the other cookie cutter neighborhoods in the suburbs, though, and therefore more expensive.

Cherry Creek/Wash Park if you are single and have a lot of $$$. As the other guy said, Park Hill is nice...and more of a "family area"...but prices are pretty outrageous as well.

PM me for more info...happy to help.

Latest resources

Back