• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

satpak77

Marriott Platinum Member
predictions......

whats gonna happen, where will Frontier be one year from now? Why?

Will United with its "major airline" image be enough buffer to keep SWA from completely killing underdog Frontier?

Any UAL/Frontier "lets work together, SWA is coming" deals gonna happen....not necessarily a merger, but marketing, F.Flyer alliances, etc?

With any luck whis will be the start of a reemergence of dominant and profitable major airlines at the expense of cheap and "wal martinized" airlines like southwest and jetblue. If Delta can kick JetBlue out of Atlanta, then United can kick out Southwest from Denver. Just like they chased them out of San Francisco. And good ridence!

I doubt SWA were "run out" of SFO........something tells me they left on their own to concentrate on OAK (& the SFO delays can get a little out of hand). Just a guess.

I believe JB left ATL some time ago.

SWA & Frontier will both do fine in Denver. SWA's arrival may force Frontier to trim its sails a bit, but I strongly doubt Frontier is in mortal danger. The far, far more interesting question is about United's future, and there are far more factors than just Southwest's arrival in DEN affecting that.

LXApilot said:
With any luck whis will be the start of a reemergence of dominant and profitable major airlines at the expense of cheap and "wal martinized" airlines like southwest and jetblue. If Delta can kick JetBlue out of Atlanta, then United can kick out Southwest from Denver. Just like they chased them out of San Francisco. And good ridence!

It's going to take more than luck pal.It's going to take a management/employee group willing to do what it takes to operate profitably.You can label SWA whatever you want,but the fact remains they are consistantly profitable year in and year out.I suspect your statements are made more from an emotional perspective rather than rational thought and research. Numbers don't lie.Also,try learning to spell.

Last edited:
skydash said:
You can label SWA whatever you want,but the fact remains they are consistantly profitable year in and year out.I suspect your statements are made more from an emotional perspective rather than rational thought and research. Numbers don't lie.Also,try learning to spell.

Hey Kettle - you're black! It's "consistently" not "consistantly." And then there's the whole glass house thing...

jetalc said:
Hey Kettle - you're black! It's "consistently" not "consistantly." And then there's the whole glass house thing...

Crap!! Another superb retort delegitimized by my own inability to proof read.Uncle....

I predict it brings the end of Turd, er uhh, I mean, Ted. They are already going to move them from A-concourse over to B. It is just a matter of time before they bring Ted back into the fleet.

Frontier will hold their own... I just wish they would either get Horizon to do more flying for them, or better yet, buy their own Q400s to do some more local flying. Really start serving all of the Colorado towns in the mountains. I guess that is what lakes is for though?

Send me to ASE tomorrow, and I'm there. UAL won't have the 146s soon, leaving a whole bunch of Dash's to do the job. Might as well be our Beech.

What would be more economical for the United to run up there to Aspen? A crash8 operated by Mesa, or the mighty beech operated by Lakes?

Whisky pulling the 146s out may be a good thing for Lakes in the end if that does happen? I bet if Lakes bought some 146s they would get all that flying. They could probably get them on the cheap too since they are being retired everywhere in the US.

Latest resources

Back