demo pilot

fisherpilot

Total Time
~5000
Anyone know what the lifestyle is for a demo pilot? Small to midsize stuff

TMMT

Total Time
Alot
The Citation Demo guys are constantly out here on the Left Coast... dunno exactly where they come from though...

Canucit

Total Time
What do you need to know

can99

Total Time
5000+
He has probably seen the bombardier ad for lear demo pilot. But the ad gives some of the lifestyle away, ie 24/7 availability. Go to careers on the Bombardier site and you can apply .

fisherpilot

Total Time
~5000
He has probably seen the bombardier ad for lear demo pilot. But the ad gives some of the lifestyle away, ie 24/7 availability. Go to careers on the Bombardier site and you can apply .

You are correct. But, I talked to a guy that is an active demo pilot there. He didn't say anything about the lifestyle that was mentioned in the ad. I'm just wanting to get a few more opinions on this.

thanks

Gulfstream 200

Database Expert
Total Time
I know a few Bombardier/Dassualt/Gulfstream demo pilots. Its not a job/lifestyle I would want in the least...but its a job.

Right about now most are not complaining, I'd guess.

400A

Total Time
Hawker Beech runs their guys to death. All over the world all the time.

For the cut backs, they went minimum staff and eve took away business class on international flights.

leenick

shades of gray
Total Time
5#'s +
The Lear demo pilots I talked with, are gone all the time and all over the world---a new meaning to the term 24/7/365! Good luck, and as they told me, it's for the single guy who just wants to fly a lot.

ruhroa

Total Time
8300++
i think there were several posts and threads on the subect it must be a few years ago now. the jist was this............ if you are young and single looking to pick up some valuable type ratings and see the world it is a short term stepping stone............ you are a pilot and a salesman..you are gone 200 or more days a year....pay is on the low side for what you do ...................

amt

Total Time
+14000
I don't mind the 20 on/11 off schedule....aside from flying all over the world, the network you are exposed is priceless. When the mission is inside USA, you normally get the weekends off. Stay in good hotels, carry a corporate credit card and have everything paid for. Of course there are the con's too, like demoing the a/c to a low time pilot that thinks he know's it all but yet can't hold the altitude or heading =).
Good luck, it's not really a bad gig!

fisherpilot

Total Time
~5000
Got a call for an interview this past week. I told them I decided that it's not for me. Thanks for all the replies