• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Demand high for UAL pilot positions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
People getting on with UAL now will probably have thousand of pilots below them when they merge with CAL. Just like AMR and TWA.
Are you THAT dense?

You DO realize that most of the TWA furloughees are still on the street, right?

Just like AMR and TWA... can't believe you actually said that. For the love of God, get your tubes tied before you have kids.

So, I agree that it would be like a winning lottery ticket. And I have already applied.
Yeah, I'm sure your resume went straight to the "not-highly-qualified" pile.

That'll change when you go to the next WIA conference if the past precedents are repeated in their hiring practices.

Hope you enjoy your 2 years on reserve and 15 year upgrade. Have you looked at the projected hiring and retirement numbers at UAL?

Can't read any of Instructor Dude's post unless you quote him, he's on my ignore list. Don't feed the trolls, they'll go away. At least he's only messing with people, I think P-pilot is serious.

You don't really hear the American pilots complaining, just like I doubt you will hear the United pilots complaining when they buy CAL and staple the CAL pilots to the bottom of the UAL list.

I am pretty sure United has a much stronger union than CAL, so they will get what they want when they merge.

You don't really hear the American pilots complaining, just like I doubt you will hear the United pilots complaining when they buy CAL and staple the CAL pilots to the bottom of the UAL list.

I am pretty sure United has a much stronger union than CAL, so they will get what they want when they merge.

Right. Prater won't mind being stapled. Good god, read something!

PIPE

Pocono Pilot,

Please educate yourself or be quiet!! You only further the myth that female pilots are inferior every time you type. I know I cringe every time I read your posts and I'm sure the other women on here do too. Do us all a favor and do some research before you get anywhere near the keyboard!!

Thanks. Back to lurking...:rolleyes:

Do you have to work at it to be that stupid, or does it just come naturally to you?

Hi!

PP: Here is what would actually happened if UAL/CAL got together:

They are both ALPA, so the national ALPA would see to it that the integration list was "fair", which means most guys would be pissed off. No one would get stapled.

IF CAL was non-ALPA, and IF UAL bought them out, then it's theoretically possible that the CAL guys would be stapled. BUT, that won't happen, as UAL has no where near enough money to buy CAL, and they're both ALPA

What is less unlikely to result in an adverse situation for the UAL/CAL crews is that UAL goes Chapter 7, and then CAL buys all or part of their assets, leaving the UAL pilots out on the street.

PP: I hope you get the job at UAL and that it goes great for you!

cliff
YIP

Sorry to disappoint you. Been to SYD 100 times on UAL. It's the best.

Do you guys stay close to Bondi Beach or Kings Cross:nuts: ? How long are the Sydney layovers??

I've ridden on you guys down to Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne, both on a -400 and the old SP. Great service!

BUT, that won't happen, as UAL has no where near enough money to buy CAL, and they're both ALPA

An airline does not necessarily need the money in its bank account to acquire another. All Glenn has to do is make one trip to Manhattan, have a couple of meetings, shakes a few hands, and he can have all the money he needs to make a reasonable acquisition. Same could be said for CAL's CEO as well. Or AMR's. Or the CEO of insert "big" airline here.

Latest resources

Back