Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Re: Ty Web makes a good point

Tim47SIP said:
The current info concerning the LCC states that the pilots will be paid based off of the current PWA. There is no way that this LCC can compete without lowering the mainline pay structure. I think fins is correct in that the negotiations are not complete as Delta management will shoot themselves in the foot if they treat the non union versus union people differently. Additionally, the money just does not add up concerning Air Trans revinue/costs basis and Delta mainlines (pilot) cost structure.
I was sort of hopeing that the new pilots would be furloughed guys but it looks as if they are shirinking mainline by this number of 75's and moving them to the new LCC. If the mainline guys keep their current pay and bennies, then the new LCC really wont change anything concerning DALPA's wants and needs and thus not really change the status quo. Maybe the pilots wages were negotiated so that Delta management could manuever in other areas that DALPA did not want their younger siblings to know about. Things that make you go HHHHHMMMMMM!
:confused:

Not so sure this post is true. After reading myself stupid on this for the past 3 days or so, it seems as if I saw a chart somewhere in the abyss which showed the cost structure of the thing as it related to the other LCCs. Seems as if we were the leaders by quite a bit. I'll look again when I have time.

Latest resources

Back