Delta's Big Announcement...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
chperplt said:
You sound like a broken record dude... How about coming up with some other reasons why Delta is in the tanks.

RJs aren't the only reason. RJs aren't even the main reason.

Dude, listen up, RJs only account for about $1B in debt a year since 1999. Oh yea, that's right, they're self financing. :rolleyes: There are other reasons, but it is interesting to note that none of the profitable airlines use high cost RJ feed. Delta just took a $1.4B write down on your worthless company, too bad Delta spent $2B buying you and countless billions buying you high cost RJs.

Last edited:
711-24-7 said:
So the Airline is going under because of the plane, lets just get rid of the RJ's and fly 737's and 757's in to Ashville, Panama City and all of the small Airports. Ya, That's it. That will Fix the Problem.

You might want to consider that many of those cities are money losers and aren't profitable with high frequency, high cost RJs.

Palerider957 said:
So RJ operators are at fault? That's pretty weak, man.

I don't blame the RJ operators for Delta management's poor decision to deploy the largest fleet of high cost RJs on the planet. Certainly there is a limited niche market for these high cost aircraft, but unfortunately for Delta, that is not in this low yield market.

FDJ2 said:
I don't blame the RJ operators for Delta management's poor decision to deploy the largest fleet of high cost RJs on the planet. Certainly there is a limited niche market for these high cost aircraft, but unfortunately for Delta, that is not in this low yield market.

History may prove you right. However, we are all powerless to change the decisions of management. Unfortunately, all we can do is try to protect each of our fifedoms.

I don't know the answwer to DAL's woes, what's worse is that I think management doesn't have any answers either.

FDJ2 said:
Delta just took a $1.4B write down on your worthless company, too bad Delta spent $2B buying you and countless billions buying you high cost RJs

Too bad huh...

Guess the RJ is something you're going to have to get use to. Seems like your boss continues to buy more new RJs than he does airplanes for you.

My company may be worthless in your eyes, but your company is about worthless in the stock markets eyes. You can hate us every day and twice on Tuesday...we don't give much thought to that.

Maybe it's time you stop bitching about the RJ and start doing something constructive to help your company survive. I have plenty of opportunity outside of CMR.. Can you say the same?

chperplt said:
Too bad huh...

Guess the RJ is something you're going to have to get use to. Seems like your boss continues to buy more new RJs than he does airplanes for you.

My company may be worthless in your eyes, but your company is about worthless in the stock markets eyes. You can hate us every day and twice on Tuesday...we don't give much thought to that.

Maybe it's time you stop bitching about the RJ and start doing something constructive to help your company survive. I have plenty of opportunity outside of CMR.. Can you say the same?

You said it. It is very easy to live life when you can blame everybody else for your problems.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back