• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta's ATL operations

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My mother flew from LEX through ATL to DUS yesterday...she mentioned that once she got into the international terminal everything went much better and people were more friendly...flight 24 got into DUS on time thanks to a nice tailwind...JvW

Last edited:
;) They are nice in New York...oh wait that's not Delta though!

jetstream said:
The biggest problem any airline based in ATL has is the pathetic labor pool that is found in Atlanta. You can't train people to be polite and have a good work ethic. That's something you're either raised with or not. The city of Atlanta is a cesspool of laziness, underachievement, and corruption. These are the people that end up on the ramp and behind the ticket counters.

I concur sir! It's an uphill training battle in many cases... I avoid ATL as a pax but unfortunately have to fly in there for my job - never a smooth ride.

HarryParatestes said:
What a cluster *Fudge*. DAL cannot seem to run an operation when it rains in ATL. Last night with the Terror threat just added to the mess that Delta creates for itself. The gate agents are rude and not friendly. The service counter is undermanned and few and far between.

Sorry about your experience on AirTran, sir. Come back and see us again . . . . oh, you said "Delta" . . . . ATL blows, no matter which side of the concourse ye be on . . . . "Voyage of the Damned, Part 2".:mad:

I frequently fly through ATL and the majority of the gate agents have been very helpful and polite with me - both DAL and DCI. Unfortunately, when a gate agent is rude, they seem to stand out in the crowd. Now, when I used to fly for DCI I can honestly say that the vast majority of the ramp staff was less than motivated but there were some exceptions with that group of people, too.

C425Driver

The only consistent, hard-working rampers I have seen no matter what city I'm in work for SW. Is it pay, or some other motivation?

HomerJ said:
The only consistent, hard-working rampers I have seen no matter what city I'm in work for SW. Is it pay, or some other motivation?

It's the fact that our management treats all employees like adults, whether they're the newest ramp agent or a senior Check Airman. When you feel like management gives a s*** about you and appreciates your efforts, and you can see the positive result of those efforts, you do a better job.

(Profit sharing doesn't hurt either)

The difference in culture and attitudes between my old job (ASA, ATL) and SWA is beyond night and day.

Demographic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yup, quit going to greenbriar mall looking for Customer service agents would be a good start.

Latest resources

Back