DeltaAirElite

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Hawker800

Anyone know anything about this company such as work schedules, pay and other such QOL issues. I see that Cincinnati area residence will be required. Thanks in advance.

QOL for a 135 is pretty good. We transitioned to a 6 and 4 schedule last fall and as far as I know everyone is loving it, myself included. I have yet to work a full 6 day rotation (came close at 5 once) but for the most part I’m home an extra couple of days each rotation. That being said, it also depends on the usual: a/c assignment, time of year, staffing, and plain old dumb luck. It definitely helps being owned by Delta in that the company can positive space us to catch up with aircraft or return home. In fact more often than not, if they do not have a trip yet assigned and the a/c is out on the road they will airline us home and either return us when they do or send another crew as it costs them nothing versus deadheading the a/c or even paying for hotel room.

Obviously co-workers also play a large part in your QOL, and I must say, we have a great group of people here. From flight crews to management, it is a real easy place to work. I’m not aware of too many places where not only does the VP come out to grab a beer with you, but that you would want them to. My thought is that it starts with hiring, we emphasize personality more than anything and have turned away a number of highly qualified and I’m sure great pilots because of this. Management have not only all spent time on the line, but they continue to grab trips to help out which I believe keeps them within the proper perspective of life on the road. Furthermore, I have yet to be questioned regarding any decision I have made and have always had their full support regarding go/no go decisions.

Training is top notch. In fact it is more than what is required with trips to OKC for a chamber ride if you like, along with FSI in Savannah for emergency drills. School typically Bombardier, although FSI is also used, and F/O’s are typed so long as they can pass the ride.

Pay. Hmm. Don’t quote me on this section. It was 30K for new hire F/O’s, although for those that are Wyvern qualified I believe it is 36K first yr. First year Capt is 56K in the Lears. I don’t believe there is a first year scale for the 604’s as pay is based on longevity and not time in seat. In addition to the flight benefits we also piggy back on the health, dental and 401k from Comair which is not too bad.

For me, QOL is more important than top end pay. While we certainly are not near the top, we are also not at the bottom. Should we be paid more, absolutely, and from what I understand that is being worked on. Business is booming. We are profitable and actually need more a/c, unfortunately until the ship is righted at Delta, my guess is that it is unlikely.

Hope this helps. Feel free to fire away anymore questions you may have

Latest resources

Back