Delta!!!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

chawbein

I just got back from my thanksgiving trip and it was by far the best flying experience (as a passenger on a commercial flight) so far in my short life. My wife and I flew out of HOU for SAV. The people working at the baggage counter at HOU and SAV were courteous and helpfull. The flights to SAV were on Delta Express airplanes. The flight attendants were actually nice, and they even smiled. They threw plenty of snacks at us and the inflight TV show was the icing on the cake. When we got into SAV, we were rested and in a good mood.

We came back to HOU yesterday, and again it was a very pleasant experience. The flight we were supposed to be on from SAV to ATL was oversold and we elected to wait for the next flight (about 1.5 hrs). In return, we were each given a $400 voucher and upgraded to first class between ATL and HOU. Again, the personnel at the check-in counter, and the baggage counter were very nice and helpfull. The flight attendants were nice and smiled. My wife was happy because they showed "Friends", and I was happy because I got to fly on a 757 (I'm a big F*ckin' dork and I like that airplane) from ATL to HOU, although the free beers didn't hurt ;)

I for one will definitely give preference to Delta when I travel again. I would even be willing to pay a little more to fly Delta as long as I am not on an RJ (sorry RJ dudes, but I'm a big guy and those things get uncomfortable after an hour). Delta is definitely doing it right. Customer service is key, and the inflight entertainment made the flight much more enjoyable and relaxing.

I'm glad Delta treated you right. I actually find the RJ has the exact same room (maybe even a tad more) than the 757. According to our frequent Delta business travelers, the Dornier is their favorite as far as coach seating in the Delta system...when it works!

I actually find the RJ has the exact same room (maybe even a tad more) than the 757.

Are you talking Deltas RJs or RJs in general? I've only been on US Air RJs and those things suck for room. I'm more comfortable on a Beech than in the RJ.. God help ya if you're in the window seat!

If i see an RJ on a 2.5 hour flight, I'd rather walk. I'm 6'4" and can't ever get comfortable. The seat cushions on our A/C are just for show to hide the metal that your butt is resting on after the cushion compresses flat in the first 15 minutes. Although I'm grateful to be flying one, I think the RJ is nothing but a customer-pissing-off tool on more than a 1 hour stage length.

There's nothing more uncomfortable to me than coach on a DAL 757, and I'm a little guy. A center seat is even worse. Fortunately, RJs don't have those. AA Super 80s are great, no matter where you sit.

wms said:
There's nothing more uncomfortable to me than coach on a DAL 757...
You've obviously never ridden in a center coach seat on an Eastern A300 between MIA and SJU! :eek:

Where as I used to not care about the RJ thing, I do now. RJs from DFW to MCI, and from DFW to SAV made me want a bigger airplane. Those DAL 737-800's were top-o-the line, lot's of leg room. I flew to MCI on AirTran, lot's of leg room there too. I'm going to start planning my trips around the RJ's if possible.

wms said:
AA Super 80s are great, no matter where you sit.

Not for long. They're re-installing those removed seats and re-pitching them to eliminate that legroom to increase yield.

chawbein,

I'm happy you enjoyed your flight on Delta.

While Delta is a wonderful airline, I wonder why you didn't take AirTran?

You probably got a great deal on the airfare beacuse Delta matches AirTrans fare. The only way to be sure those fares will continue to stay low, is to always fly the low-fare carrier. Every time a large major airline drives the competition out of a market, the fares go up, way up.

Next time you plan to fly between HOU-SAV you may find yourself paying ALOT more.

Last edited:
the Avro

Has anyone been on the Avro85 lately? (Mesaba's) It's a FABULOUS airplane...Half the time the pax don't even realize they're on an RJ (because of the wide-body style and first class cabin). Lots of legroom, too. I reccomend it over all the other RJs ;)

Latest resources

Back