Delta will put winglets on 73NGs, 757s, and 767ERs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mookie,

Do you have some heartburn with Delta or something? You seem to post something negative after ever positive Delta thread. Whats the matter....didn't kick us enough while we were down?

nothing against Delta...had a great time flying for them in the past. just think that General is a moron...seriously, posting how wonderful it is that Delta is getting winglets? even the Cal guys didn't do that three years ago when they started doing it on their airplanes. how many posts is he up to now?

hopefully they'll build a baby 787 and I'll get to retire on it.

Mookie

Fin think about this.
Boeing and DAL are in an 11th hour level negotiation over the 787 and 737 etc orders. This is just delta showing Boeing that they can have a solution that meets their "needs."
It is just being done in the press and not at the table.

I think you're right. They're not getting enough of the winglets to make a bit of difference and all it does is create two new fleet types that have to be managed to keep them on certain routes. (If they don't, you'll see non-winglet 757's at SNN and wingleted 757's in JAX.)

And, Delta is at the back of a very long line of customers for the 767 winglets. You won't see them around for a while.

This was a drive-by in Boeing's hood for Delta. TC

nothing against Delta...had a great time flying for them in the past. just think that General is a moron...seriously, posting how wonderful it is that Delta is getting winglets? even the Cal guys didn't do that three years ago when they started doing it on their airplanes. how many posts is he up to now?

Mookie

Talk about a moron, take a look in the mirror pal. I just posted the article, without any commentary. I thought it was an interesting article, and I didn't even know airlines were putting winglets on 767-300s.

As far as how many posts I have, it will grow. I enjoy this forum and aviation in general. Please put me on ignore if you don't want to see my posts, which will be over 9000 soon. Have fun in Millwaukie, and you may retire on the CR9 with 76 seats. (a widebody RJ--LOL)

Bye Bye--General Lee

Thanks General...I will have a great time flying wide bodied Rj's in MKE...:beer:
sing along everyone:

"we're gonna do it..our way...yes, our way...make all our dream come true...for me and you...."

"you know it's Algonquin for...."

by the way...open question for anyone...What the hell does "LOL" mean? have we really become that lazy?
Mookie

Last edited:
We had winglets on some Delta Shuttle 727s a ways back. Boeing said after we tried it that they couldn't guarantee they would be safe, so we took them off. We also wanted some for our 738s a few years ago, but the rumor I heard is that Boeing wanted a lot more from us but was offering them cheaper for some European LCCs. We didn't like that, but I guess all is well since we may have a $20 billion order with them soon.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I think they were called Valsan winglets on only a handful of 727's.

Mookie

If you dont like it, don't read it! Shut the he## up already! Now get back to cleaning our restrooms Lav Rat!

I think they were called Valsan winglets on only a handful of 727's.

Not exactly. The original Valsan modification was designed to to make the old B727 Stage III compliant. The actual mod involved putting -217C (MD-82) engines on the #1 and #3 pod positions. The center was usually re-engiend with a -17. It had the reverser restricted.

Later the winglet was a modification however it was not necesarily Valsan's winglet.

Regards,

AA

P.S.

Kelowna was the first company to install winglets on the 727, DuganAir and Raisbeck worked on a Quiet Wing Program which had winglets as an option.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back