Delta Who?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Old Crow

Delta loses over a Billion in just 3 months. Left with 1.2 Billion unrestricted cash.
The Titanic ain't nothin compared to this. Does Delta even have any deck chairs left to re-arrange? I guess that would be ASA and Comair.

Changes..., I mean "real" changes, are coming folks.

Old Crow said:
Delta loses over a Billion in just 3 months. Left with 1.2 Billion unrestricted cash.
The Titanic ain't nothin compared to this. Does Delta even have any deck chairs left to re-arrange? I guess that would be ASA and Comair.

The results are certainly grim, however, I do believe that DAL has $2.2B in cash of which $1.8B is unrestricted. I would expect to see ASA and/or CMR spun off in order to raise liquidity, particularly with these record high fuel prices. So you are right, those two deck chairs will be re-arranged.

Old Crow said:

Ugly, but not surprising. Note that DAL paid pension and debt payments and pilot retirement writeoffs etc. Also note that non-fuel casm dropped and DAL was cash positive for the quarter. Liquidity will be the main goal to bridge into next year.

Titanic/Delta

Sure hate to see DAL compared to the finest luxury vessel at the bottom of the Atlantic! It stinks, no two ways about it.

Heard two rumors yesterday in the lounge stairway, take 'em for what it's worth...

1. ASA/Comair are all but sold, but waiting for the time to announce it. (To who, I don't know...who would want them?)

2. Pilot retirements for May 1 approaching 100 already. (with today's Q1 results, who would want to stay if you didn't have to?)

I think DL is preparing for a merger, don't know when, but it seems inevitable.

All for now,

DLslug

DLslug said:
Sure hate to see DAL compared to the finest luxury vessel at the bottom of the Atlantic! It stinks, no two ways about it.

Heard two rumors yesterday in the lounge stairway, take 'em for what it's worth...

1. ASA/Comair are all but sold, but waiting for the time to announce it. (To who, I don't know...who would want them?)

2. Pilot retirements for May 1 approaching 100 already. (with today's Q1 results, who would want to stay if you didn't have to?)

I think DL is preparing for a merger, don't know when, but it seems inevitable.

All for now,

DLslug

A merger with the Chapter 11 Court

How about a merger with NWA...didn't they recently put a sudden stop to pilot recalls recently? Not much overlap there...a Pacific route and northern US carrier combined with an Atlantic and southern US carrier...I wonder what CAL would say about that. That one actually makes sense...not much airframe commonality though...DAL and CAL would seem a better match. Who knows though...every time the US gov't says they want market forces to drive consolidation and the eventual shakeout, they come in and prevent it from happening with cash to failing carriers and barred mergers...prolonging the pain even further...where does it end?

The rumor floating is that DAL approached SkyWest and said we'd like you to buy one or both of these airlines. SkyWest said no thanks for now, maybe later. DAL said, No you don't understand, either you purchase one/both of these airlines or keeping your existing DCI feed must not be that important and you could be replaced. SkyWest has the cash, credit, means, and now motivation. The CEO has already said no, which if you follow SkyWest history, is a prelude to six months later when things are announced.

Latest resources

Back