Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FLYINGBOAT

Hi Guys:

HAS ANYONE GOT ANY SOLID INFORMATIN REGARDING DELTA OR UNITED JUMPSEATING FOR OVERSEAS DESTINATIONS .

Is there a number I can dial and list myself for that.

How is done when someone returns from that international destination. eg, how is it done out of Frankfurt back to U.S?

Any good info is appriciated.

flyingboat thanks a mill in advance.

FLYINGBOAT said:
Hi Guys:

HAS ANYONE GOT ANY SOLID INFORMATIN REGARDING DELTA OR UNITED JUMPSEATING FOR OVERSEAS DESTINATIONS .

Is there a number I can dial and list myself for that.

How is done when someone returns from that international destination. eg, how is it done out of Frankfurt back to U.S?

Any good info is appriciated.

flyingboat thanks a mill in advance.

I've never used Yonited, but I have used DAL a couple of times going to Europe. First off, you have to be on their list of approved carriers that can JS. There is a code that the CS agents can type in that brings up the list. It might be worth it to get this code from an agent before you leave the US. Also, try to get some spare JS forms in case they don't have them in FRA. Make sure to know how your company is listed in their computer. At the time I worked for Atlantic Coast Airlines. The list contained Atlantic Southeast Airlines, but nothing under Atlantic Coast. I believe they had to look under the letters ACA/ DBA Delta Connetion to find it or something like that. This is important when you are in Europe if there is a bit of a language barrier when you are trying to return from Europe.

Second, don't list on DAL. It makes the process harder (or so I was told be a CS agent in ATL). You need to go to the Customer Service counter at the Internationl Departures Area at least 75 minutes prior to departure time and get passport listed for your flight. If you don't do this, you won't get on the flight. The agent will give you a form that looks similar to a ticket, you then take this to the gate, get the JS form and then go down to chat with the Crew about a ride.

When coming back, get to the airport at least 2 hours before departure time. Go to the check in counter and tell them you want to JS. Again, they need to look in the computer to see if you are eligible. You may also have to go to a different part of the terminal to pay an extortion, I mean JS tax to exit the country.

A little hint. Before leaving, pick up one of those Hersey's Chocolate sample bags with the little candy bars in it. This can go a long ways if you there is a first class seat availiable and the way senior lead FA is reluctant to put you in the front. It worked for me.

DAL always treated me great every time I went to Europe on them.

HAve fun.

Have fun.

Hi There:

That was great info , thanks for your efforts. I am Trans States, and I am sure we rae in their system. It is just the matter of doing it right. As you explained the whole Process well. Thank you.

Flyingboat.

Latest resources

Back